Winter brings with it weather changes, holidays and extra costs. If you live up north like we do winter means snow tires, extra heating costs and hanging out indoors.
But it doesn’t have to mean spending a ton of money.
Whether you are seeing snow, rain or sun this winter learn how to save money.
Saving Money During Holidays:
- Frugal Christmas On Little Or No Money
- 21 Gifts For Her Under $10
- Best Children’s Christmas Books
- 21 Gifts For Him Under $10
12 Ways To Save Money This Winter:
1. Stock up on all the essentials; clothing, food, blankets, firewood, emergency equipment and etc. Don’t wait till the last minute. Watch the sales and save.
3. Plan your meals. Home cooking is so much better in the winter months with all the cozy comfort foods.
4. Brew it instead of buy it. Have you noticed that during the winter months the coffee line up is that much longer. Skip the line and brew yours at home.
5. Lock up the thermostat. Find a happy balance in the temperature department. Keep a few extra blankets out for use on chilly nights.
6. Shop in season. One of the best ways to save money on groceries is to shop produce and products in season.
7. Batch cook it. In the winter time you will see more turkeys, roasts and hams at the grocery store. Save yourself time and money by cooking it once and using it in several meals. For example turkey could be used in soup, or sandwiches or in casseroles.
8. Enjoy the season. If you get snow in the winter get out and enjoy it. If it is still sunny where you are celebrate it. Take a walk, enjoy all the free activities mother nature offers you.
9. Take advantage of the downtime. Winter generally means things move at a slower pace. This doesn’t mean go shopping. Take up a hobby, look for ways to increase your income.
10. Check your weatherproofing. This applies to all of you in the wet, wintery weather areas. Save yourself the headache and check all the weather stripping and sealants. Check the roof and the gutters. Home repairs can be costly.
11. Learn how to make money on your purchases. If you haven’t heard of Rakuten you really need to look into it. With Rakuten you can make money on your everyday purchasing activity. Think of it as saving money / making money while you shop.
12. Plan and set some goals. You know those extra minutes I was talking about before. Use them to set up a budget and plan your personal finances.
Winter is a time to relax, unwind and spend time with family. Enjoy all the opportunities life presents you.
Plan ahead, make smart choices and save money.
Related Winter Money Saving Posts:
- Frugal Winter Fun
- 50 Of The Best Ways To Save Money
- 75 Frugal Living Tips To Cut Down On Household Expenses
Updated July 9, 2021