It’s Time To Clear The Clutter
In the next 21 days you will clear the clutter. Get rid of the junk. Tidy up the messes and make more room to breathe. Join the 21 day clutter free challenge.
To Much Stuff
Have you ever had one of those moments. You know the one I am talking about. The one when you realize you just have too much stuff.
Maybe you’ve walked on too many Lego or the container drawer in the kitchen just won’t close. Or your child for the fourth day in the row hasn’t cleaned their room.
You know the moment I am talking about. The one where you just want to pack up and take a Mom vacation. I personally think all Moms should have a mini vacation or a full day off to rest their minds, relax and refresh.
Clutter Free Challenge
But for the next 21 days you will plan, implement and successfully complete activities that will help you stress less and create more room in your life.
Clear The Clutter
Think of it as a mini vacation from the chaos. After 21 days you will have less messes. Less stuff and maybe, just maybe some extra money in your pocket.
How To Approach A Clutter Free Challenge
A clutter free challenge is exactly that, a challenge. Sometimes it will be hard and other times it will be real easy.
Step By Step Approach To Decluttering
You will have to make choices. To keep or not to keep? You may have to clear your schedule for 15 minutes and sometimes for an hour depending on the amount of clutter you have compiled.
This challenge is not meant to be in anyway stressful. In fact it is meant to relieve some stress by giving you places to start your decluttering process. Because sometimes we just don’t know where to start.
Clutter Free Challenge
Last month when I did our clutter free challenge I avoided the toy room like the plaque. I didn’t want to go through the drawers and the cubbies and the art supplies. We had collected SO MUCH STUFF!
My cousin actually patted me on the back when I told her we finally accomplished the toy room. It only took two hours to do….
Making Money By Clearing The Clutter
And believe me we actually made some money off cleaning up the room. $300 in fact and there is still a few items for sale.
So what I am saying is approach a clutter free challenge with an open mind. Knowing that it may be work and you may do stuff you don’t want to do.
But it is for the greater good. And think of all the extra room you will have and the messes – the messes will be gone.
⭐Supplies You Should Have On hand For A Clutter Free Challenge
I always keep the following on hand when I am decluttering and cleaning up:
Try and accomplish an item a day during your 21 day challenge.
21 Day Clutter Free Challenge:
- Clean out the junk drawer
- Clean out the plastic food storage drawer – match up what you have and get rid of the excess
- Clear the kitchen counter and put everything where it is meant to be
- Clean out the fridge and wipe down the inside, dispose of old food items
- Give the kitchen a good clean and mop down
- Organize the shoe closet or coat area
- Donate all unwanted coats and shoes to the Good Will
- Clean up and tidy your office desk and bookshelves
- Fluff the pillows, fold the blankets and place the coffee table books back in the living room
- Dust the fireplace and all the overlooked edges and corners
- Move the furniture and vacuum all the hard to reach places
- Purchase a shower organizer and organize all the shampoo, body wash and conditioner bottles
- Maximize your bathroom space – use the drawers and shelves available or install space organizers
- Empty the linen closet and fold everything, no more kind of fold and toss in
- Get rid of or repurpose old torn towels or sheets
- Recycle or toss old lotions and tubes of toiletry supplies
- Give the bathroom a good clean and scrub
- Make the beds with fresh sheets and fluff the pillows
- Gather up all the dirty laundry and sort it for washing
- Clear the dresser tops of excess stuff
- Put everything back in the drawers to which they came
This Clutter Free Challenge Is Just The Tip Of The Iceberg
You could extend your challenge to include cleaning out and organizing your freezer and setting up a meal plan to save you time and money.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing the toy room or the games room could be on your challenge list.
Organizing Your Car
Or what about your car – does your car need a good clean. And I am not talking just drive your car through the car wash. Clean out the inside to get rid of the dust bunnies and the extra stuff.
Organizing Your Cabinets
When was the last time you went through all your books? Or what about your medicine cabinet or spice drawer?
Cleaning The Garage
Or what about the garage? Do you let your husband take charge and clean the garage or could you assist and install some garage organization to help keep everyone sane? I vote for some good garage storage and organization.
Related Frugal Home Posts:
- Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
- 75 Super Frugal Money Saving Tips
- 21 Ways To Make Your Home Smell Amazing
- 21 Uses For Your Discarded Citrus Peel
Updated May 1, 2021