*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you struggling to make ends meet?
Living paycheck to paycheck. You are not alone! Over one third of the country is living paycheck to paycheck and dipping into debt.
You can stop the cycle and start saving money with these 21 super frugal hacks.
Below you will find 21 money saving tips to help give you breathing room. These frugal living hacks will help you save money and hopefully get through to next payday with a bit more in your wallet.
Times are tough. The economy is tough. The cost of goods and housing is on the rise. Start learning tips and tricks to get yourself ahead.
Learn how to cut down on your household expenses and save more money.
21 Super Frugal Hacks To Stop Living Paycheck To Paycheck:
- Set up a budget
- Start cooking meals at home
- Eat vegetarian meals once or twice a week
- Brown bag it and bring your coffee to work
- Invite the friends over and potluck instead of going out
- Cut the cable
- Turn off the pay as you go apps
- Plant a garden
- Shop local
- Do it yourself
- Wash it in cold water
- Hang your clothes to dry
- Learn to use tools and do minor repairs
- Return your recyclables for refunds
- Get rid of the paper products and use these
- Shop store sales, with a list and a budget
- Buy generic and/or shop bulk
- Learn to say NO
- Stop trying to keep up and impress
- Enjoy frugal/cheap/free entertainment
- Plan a no spend weekend or even a no spend month
Frugal living hacks and seeing results.
The 21 super frugal tips above can help you save hundreds of dollars a month. For example say you buy your coffee every morning on the way to work and pop into the local deli for lunch.
If you were to swap that up and brown bag your lunch from home or use this great oven lunch box and bring your coffee in a travel mug you would save over $75 a week.
Now add in a few more tips like washing your clothes in cold water, hanging them to dry and skipping the paper towels in favor of cloth napkins and you could save another twenty five to thirty dollars a month.
Planting your own garden and growing your own food can save you hundreds of dollars a month during the season. You can preserve the bounty of the harvest you could save on produce all year round. You can do this by canning or dehydrating your produce.
If I had to pick my favorite hack off the whole list I think it would be number 5 skip the $100+ dinner out and invite the friends and family over for a potluck or barbecue.
Good food, great company and you save so much money on eating out and entertainment. Plus you don’t have to pay for a babysitter and your kids can visit with their friends too. Win – win.
Other great ways to save money and live frugally:
- 10 Simple Easy Ways To Save Money
- 101 Money Saving Frugal Uses
- 7 Ways To Go Green & Save Money
- 21 Ways To Save $1000
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity
Updated September 14, 2018