21 Ways To Save Money On Household Expenses
Saving money just got easier. No more counting your pennies and adding up all the change in the change jar. Now you can make simple, easy changes to your everyday and start seeing more money add up in your bank account.
Saving Money and Frugal Living
Saving money and frugal living go hand in hand. Frugal living is the simple act of living well on less. Living well within your means and being smart with your money. If you live frugally and cut back even on a few things you can save a large amount of money.
Saving 500 Dollars A Month
By simply cutting back on things we didn’t need. Or opting for cheaper alternatives we saved a huge amount of money each month. You can read how much we saved by living more frugally.
Saving Money On Household Expenses
Did you know you can save over $100 this week simply by brown bagging your lunch or bring coffee from home? Bake a bunch of muffins and breakfast burritos this week. Put them in the freezer for easy access and savings. Discover what else you can freeze to save money.
Ways To Save Money On Household Expenses
- Opt for homemade meals instead of dining out
- Brown bag your lunch to work or school
- Opt for coffee to go from home
- Shop your grocery store sales flyers
- Stockpile sales items you regularly use
- Shop with a grocery budget and list
- Try purchasing the generic brand
- Cook vegetarian meals once or twice a week
- DIY your household cleaning supplies
- Try growing your own vegetables and herbs
- Harvest the bounty of the season
- DIY your gifts
- Wash your clothing in cold water
- Hang your laundry to dry
- Opt for a babysitting swap with friends
- Try using public transit or bike to work
- Host a potluck with friends instead of dining out
- Enjoy your local hiking trails and parks (free activities)
- Set a budget for vacations, large purchases and your money
- Stop spending money on items you don’t need nor use
The larger the house, the more stuff, the more expenses. One of the best ways to save money is to stick with what you need. Clear up the clutter. Downsize if you can. Cut the cable and utilities you just don’t use and enjoy what you have.
As people we always want what others have. It is normal. But you are more likely to save money if you appreciate what you have and opt to live within your means.
Related Frugal Living Posts:
Updated May 29, 2021