Are you struggling to save money?
Wondering how you are going to pay for holiday presents or better yet next weeks groceries? I have 25 awesome frugal living tips that will help you cut your expenses, save money and put more bills back into your wallet.
But first, and this is important!
Do you know where your spending all your money? Most people think the budget is wound as tight as it can go and they are watching all their ins and outs of the bank account and still wonder how they are going to save more money?
And honestly I have fallen into this trap. You grab a coffee here and a coffee there and oh you need a birthday gift for so and so. And eek the price of produce went up. Two days ago you bought premade muffins because you didn’t have time to bake.
It all adds up, every single bit of it.
When you are looking to cut your expenses the most important thing to do is to look at what you are spending your hard earned money on. You could be blowing $100 on take out and not realize it because you are too busy with family and life stuff running between work and activities.
And you know what, everyone does it!
Frugal living and saving money.
Frugal living is about working with what you have and changing a few things to help you save more money. The changes can be simple and easy but the benefit is huge.
Below you will find 25 awesome frugal living tips. Tips that may help you save $100, some may help you save $1000 but this is all variant on how frugal you are and how many tips you incorporate to your daily activity.
For example if you bring lunch from home today you may save $10 but if you bring lunch from home all week you could save $50.
Or say you spend on average $150 a week on meals out and this week you vow to get in the kitchen and do some home cooking. That is $150 staying in your wallet and some yummy meals in your tummy.
What I am trying to say is the more frugal activities you do and the smarter choices you make with your money on a consistent basis the more money you will save.
25 Awesome Frugal Living Tips:
- Brown bag your lunch. If you like warm soups, stews or leftovers for lunch invest in this oven lunch box. My husband loves his.
- Pack your coffee to go and skip the $5 latte.
- Shop your discount grocery store and store sales.
- Plan home cooked meals this week.
- Use those coupons, loyalty bonuses and point cards. Free perks are money saved.
- Plan a no spend weekend.
- Entertain your guests. Have everyone over. plan a potluck or BBQ, share the expense instead of an expensive dinner and evening out.
- Swap babysitting with your family members or friends.
- Downsize your home, car or travel time to save on expenses.
- Have a clothing or book swap with friends.
- Set it and forget it. Invest in an Instant Pot or slow cooker they make meal preparation so much easier.
- Get out and go for a walk, enjoy all the local free activities your city has to offer.
- Unplug it, turn it off, cancel apps and programs you don’t need.
- Buy generic and thrift items when you can.
- Education is priceless.
- Learn how to cook and bake.
- Invest in a budget and banking system that works for you.
- Turn down the temperature, find a happy balance.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and hang to dry.
- Stop trying to keep up.
- Learn what foods you can freeze to save money.
- Opt for the cheaper version.
- Use it, mend it, wear it out, recycle it.
- Do it yourself. Learn how to do minor repairs. Make your own gifts.
- Stop buying paper and single use items. Invest in cloth napkins and reusable items
If you are looking for other great ways to save money checkout these posts:
- 75 Super Frugal Living Tips
- 5 Frugal Living Tips To Help You Save Money This Week
- 7 Things We Stopped Doing To Save Money
- The Best Frugal Living Tips
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity