Ways To Save Money On Your Household Expenses?
Are you looking for ways to save money on your household expenses? Look no further. Discover ways to save money on groceries and still eat well.
Easy Frugal Tips
Learn simple and easy frugal tips to help you cut your household costs. Simple things like turning the lights off when you leave a room and washing your laundry in cold water can really make a difference.
What Does Frugal Mean?
Frugal is the act of living simple and below your means. Making an economic choice to live well on less. Being thrifty, spending little on goods and services. Lots of frugal and thrifty people meal plan and DIY to save money.
How Does Frugal Living Help You Save Money?
When you make a choice to live well on less you spend less money. Meaning you have extra money at the end of the day to help pay down debt, save for a rainy day or to put toward something you are saving for.
Related Frugal Living Posts:
- Frugal Living Surviving On One Income
- 75 Foods You Can Freeze To Save Money
- 50 Things To Do On A No Spend Weekend
Why Is Frugal Living Important?
Frugal living is so important because it is the little things that make the biggest impact. Saving $100 this week could mean your debt gets paid down or off. It could mean you are that much closer to your debt free goal.
Frugal living gives you the opportunity to do more. Opting out of name brand jeans, choosing generic groceries and using cash back apps could mean early retirement. Finding ways to live frugally mean you can do so much more.
Examples Of Frugal Living Tips
Below you will find a great list of 25 simple and easy frugal ways to save money. Some simple frugal tips you can start today are opting to bring coffee from home instead of spend $5 on a latte.
Big Money Savers
Simple Frugal Tip
A great example of a simple frugal tip is unplugging, turning it off when you aren’t using it. This is something so simple and anyone can do it.
Why Is Saving Money Important?
If you have credit card debt or mortgage debt saving money will help you pay your debt off faster. Saving money gives you more opportunities.
Saving money could mean you get to go on that holiday your dreaming about. Saving money could mean you can retire early.
Having the ability to save money and pay in cash for things is so important and reduces the stress associated with debt and bills.
25 Simple, Easy To Use Money Saving Frugal Tips:
- Turn off the lights and unplug electrical items when you aren’t using them
- Hang your clothes to dry
- Only run the dishwasher or laundry machine when it is full
- Cook homemade meals instead of eating out
- Eat the leftovers, don’t waste food
- Drink more water and skip the pop or juice
- Keep up to date on home maintenance
- Create a budget and use a cash envelope system
- Plant a garden and grow your own food
- Meal plan to save money
- Shop with your meal plan and a grocery list
- Shop local, shop the store sales
- Make your own household cleaners
- Learn to knit, sew and do your own household repairs
- Plan a no spend weekend
- Shop the thrift store for clothes and household goods
- Trade supplies and skills with your neighbors
- Take in free community entertainment
- Learn to say NO
- Invest in a good cook book and a slow cooker
- Learn to use what you have, cook with what is in the cupboards
- Use it up, mend it, re-purpose it, recycle it
- Buy energy efficient appliances
- Don’t be brand specific, eat and use what you can afford
- Be prepared for emergencies and rainy days
The Best Frugal Living Tip
I get asked all the time what we do to save the most money. I am a BIG coffee drinker and I used to hit the drive thru daily for an afternoon latte. This was breaking the budget so we invested in a good coffee maker and stainless steel coffee mugs.
I also use cash envelopes. I have small bank envelopes in my wallet separating grocery money, entertainment money and etc. You wouldn’t even know they were there unless I showed them to you. But this way I know how much money I can spend and what my budget is.
Frugal Meal Planning
With our busy schedules I also find meal planning to be a huge time and money saver. If you would like to learn more about the meal plan we use for recipes like chicken mole, BBQ tacos, sweet and sour pork plus loads of other recipes including Paleo, Keto and gluten free options you can check them out here.
I also bought my husband a great oven lunch box so he could have hot lunches on the road. Which helps with food waste and using up leftovers. He also prefers the hot lunches to sandwiches.
Saving A Bunch Of Money
When we started budgeting and cutting costs we took a really hard look at where we were spending our money. We stopped buying a bunch of stuff we didn’t really need and saved over $1000 a month. You can learn all the stuff we stopped buying.
Cutting Household Expense
When it comes to cutting household expenses and saving money every little bit helps. One of the tips given may save you a few dollars. Several of the tips combined may save you hundreds. Try the tips out and include your own frugal ideas and see how much you can save.
Updated May 26, 2021