*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Coconut oil is amazingly good for your body and one jar has so many different uses around your home.
We currently have one jar of coconut oil in the kitchen and one in the bathroom that is how much I love this stuff. If you are looking into buying a jar of coconut oil purchase an organic variety. The less processed the better.
Coconut oil is full of healthy fats for your body and antimicrobial properties to help fight of infections. It is know to help with hormone support, combat indigestion and candida, boost your metabolism and much, much more.
Depending on the size of the jar you could spend between $10 to $20 for a good jar of coconut oil. I have seen some good quality coconut oil for $3.00 in our ethnic grocery store. You just need to do your research and read the labels to ensure you are getting the product you are looking for. Here is an example of a coconut oil we use: Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
Here are my top 25 Money Saving Uses For Coconut Oil:
- You can cook and bake with it. Replace both butter and oil in a recipe with coconut oil.
- Add it to your coffee instead of creamer.
- Add a tablespoon to your smoothie for increased energy.
- Coconut oil is dairy free substitute it in for butter or dairy spreads.
- Season your pots and pans with coconut oil.
- Use it as massage lotion. Add a few drops of essential oils and massage.
- Condition your hair with a small amount of coconut oil.
- You can make homemade toothpaste with coconut oil, baking soda and essential oils.
- Relieve dry skin with small amounts of coconut oil.
- Do you have dry heals? Massage a small amount of coconut oil into feet before bed, cover with clean socks and get some zzzz’s.
- Having a tablespoon or two of coconut oil a day is said to increase your metabolism.
- You can mix equal parts of coconut oil and sugar to make a sugar body scrub.
- You can use coconut oil as a natural baby lotion.
- You can use coconut oil as a diaper cream.
- Use coconut oil in oil pulling to rinse and detox your mouth.
- Coconut oil can be used in replace of lip cream to prevent chapped lips.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil to a bath with lavender essential oils and relax and nourish your skin.
- Do you have a sunburn or inflamed skin use coconut oil to treat.
- Homemade deodorant uses coconut oil as the natural base.
- Remove your make up with a small amount of coconut oil and a cloth.
- Give yourself a manicure and use coconut oil to sooth your tired hands and nourish your cuticles.
- Opt to use coconut oil instead of shaving cream or heavy lotions.
- Relieve the itch and inflammation of bug bites with a dab of coconut oil.
- Are your dogs paws dry and cracking soothe them with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Add coconut oil to homemade soap and beauty solutions.
One jar and its many uses. My favorite uses for coconut oil are as an oil and dairy alternative in the kitchen. I add a tablespoon to my smoothie in the morning. I also use coconut oil to nourish my dry skin in the winter time. Plan and simple I love the stuff and I save money using it.
Have an amazing day everyone.