This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Being frugal is eye opening and in today’s economy it is a necessity.
I have learned so much in the last year that we have been watching dollars and cutting costs. Setting a budget has been so important in getting us to where we are today.
Changing my mindset, living a simpler life and setting goals for our future has been so important. I can tell you that I look at costs so differently now.
25 Things Frugality Has Taught Me:
- Budgets are a much needed life tool.
- Cash envelopes and meal plans save so much money.
- Budgeting should be taught in school.
- Frugality teaches you to be more aware of what you have.
- You are more aware of how much you spend.
- I am not so willing to make large purchases.
- Cheap dates can be amazing.
- You will be surprised what you can buy at the dollar store.
- Travel and vacations can be too expensive.
- Use it, mend it, repurpose it, recycle it.
- I love my slow cooker.
- Beans and rice aren’t so bad.
- I love bulk shopping and my freezer.
- The Joneses are broke.
- Who cares what other’s think.
- I can grow my own food.
- I have a new found love for cooking, canning and preserving my own food.
- We can eat out we just have to be smart about it.
- Coupons and sales are great.
- I have learned to say NO.
- Homemade is so much better.
- New isn’t always better.
- Vintage is great.
- Hard work and communication are important.
- Teaching your children to be smart with money is a must!
Frugality is important. Teaching people especially our children and youth to use a budget is important. Being self sufficient, learning to grow your own food and source out cheaper food alternatives is important. Knowing the value of a dollar and knowing that the Joneses are broke are great lessons. Having employable skills you can fall back on during job loss is also important.
Setting goals and living the life YOU want to lead is important! Frugality is a lesson in it’s own right.
Have an amazing day everyone.