25 Lessons In Frugality
Frugality is eye opening and in today’s economy a necessity. I have learned so much in the last year that we have been watching dollars and cutting costs.
What Is Frugal Living?
Frugal living is living below your means and making it a priority to save money. Living frugally is about making smart choices. Choosing to go without or choosing a generic or cheaper alternative.
How Can Frugal Living Save Me Money?
When you live frugally you are actively making a choice to live well on less. This means you are saving money to help pay down debt or save for other things.
Setting a budget has been so important in getting us to where we are today.
Changing my mindset, living a simpler life and setting goals for our future has been so important. I can tell you that I look at costs so differently now.
25 Things Frugality Teaches:
- Budgets are a much needed life tool.
- Cash envelopes and meal plans save so much money.
- Budgeting should be taught in school.
- Frugality teaches you to be more aware of what you have.
- You are more aware of how much you spend.
- Save up cash for large purchases
- Cheap dates can be amazing.
- You will be surprised what you can buy at the dollar store.
- Travel and vacations can be too expensive.
- Use it, mend it, repurpose it, recycle it.
- Invest in a slow cooker.
- Beans and rice aren’t so bad.
- Discover what you can freeze to save money.
- The Joneses are broke.
- Who cares what other’s think.
- Grow your own food.
- Learn how to can, preserve and harvest your food.
- Skip the eating out and try a homecooked meal.
- Coupons and sales are great.
- Learn to say NO.
- Homemade is so much better.
- New isn’t always better.
- Vintage is great.
- Hard work and communication are important.
- Teaching your children to be smart with money is a must!
Frugality is important. Teaching people especially our children and youth to use a budget is important.
Being self sufficient, learning to grow your own food and source out cheaper food alternatives is important. Discover the secret must haves of a frugal living home.
Related Frugal Living Posts:
- The Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
- 21 Things We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- 75 Super Frugal Living Tips
Updated May 20, 2021