*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
What is the first use you think of when I mention vinegar?
Honestly, I think pickles and natural cleaning solutions. No idea you come up with is wrong. Vinegar whether is be apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar have huge frugal living uses both in the home and outside.
31 Frugal Money Saving Uses For Vinegar:
- Remove pen and ink off the wall with full strength vinegar and a rag
- Remove carpet stains with 2 tbsp of salt and 1/2 cup of vinegar. Let set and vacuum.
- Deodorize your garbage pail. Swish 1/2 cup to 1 cup full strength vinegar in pail, dump and let dry.
- Create your own scented vinegar by soaking citrus rind in vinegar for a few days
- Clean your coffee maker with 2 cups vinegar and 1 cup water. Flush this solution through the drip cycle.
- Do you get spots on your dishes? Add vinegar to the dishwasher rinse cycle.
- Remove stuck on stickers by soaking in vinegar and scrubbing with a rag.
- Combine equal parts water and vinegar and a few drops of essential oil for an everyday cleaning solution.
Health and Beauty
- Combine vinegar and aloe vera gel 2 to 1 to make a hand sanitizing solution.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar in small amounts is known to help detox the body.
- Are you looking to soften your skin add 1/4 cup of vinegar to your bath water.
- Got an insect bite? Dab it with apple cider vinegar to help reduce the inflammation.
- Sterilize brushes and razors by soaking in a vinegar water solution.
- Apple cider vinegar has been known to help lower sugar levels.
- Apple cider vinegar works as a great toner. Dab on with a cotton ball.
- Keep your blond locks blond by rinsing hair with vinegar. Let set for 5-10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- You can use apple cider vinegar in limited amounts as a hair detangler.
- Speed seed germination by soaking seeds in apple cider vinegar and warm water.
- Wash your fresh vegetables in a mixture of 1 tbsp vinegar to 1 quart of water.
- You can adjust the acidity of your soil by adding vinegar.
- Increase the vase life of flowers by adding 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp sugar to the water.
- Clean your bird feeders with vinegar, it will deter mold and not leave a residue.
- Remove rust by soaking items in vinegar overnight and rinsing clean.
- Keep your windshield frost free by spraying on a solution of 3 parts vinegar, 1 part water.
- Clean your window wipers clean with a rag and a vinegar, water solution.
- Clean your car windows and interior using an equal part water vinegar solution
- Make homemade pickles using vinegar.
- Mix vinegar and oil for a simple salad dressing.
- Sprinkle your cooked vegetables and/or fries with vinegar and spices
- Make your own flavored vinegar by adding herbs and fruit rind.
- Add a Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to your morning smoothie.
A simple cheap bottle of vinegar has many uses inside and outside your home. In our home we did away with expensive chemical cleaners opting for a natural water, vinegar based cleaning solution. I always have a bottle of apple cider vinegar on hand to use in food recipes and frugal health and beauty ideas. As a kid I will never forget my Grandmother rinsing her hair with vinegar after getting a perm she said it helped neutralize her hair and get rid of the perm solution smell. The above are only a small list of uses for vinegar I am sure you have more.
Have a great day everyone.