*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Baking soda is an amazing addition to a frugal money saving kitchen.
It is more than just a baking ingredient or fridge deodorizer. It will save you money and it is cheap to buy!
This is one of my favorites Arm & Hammer Baking Soda-4LB . The large quantity at a cheap price allows for lots of money saving options.
Checkout these 35 amazing ways to use baking soda around your home and in your health care regime.
- Deodorize the carpet. Mix baking soda with a few drops of essential oils, sprinkle on the carpet and vacuum up.
- Make a surface scrub by sprinkling a small amount of baking soda on a cloth and add water. Scrub tiles, sinks or tubs and rinse clean.
- Add to your dish water. Add a sprinkle of baking soda to your dish water to help cut food grease and aid in cleaning.
- Clean and freshen the microwave. Sprinkle a sponge with baking soda, lemon juice and water and scrub your microwave clean. Rinse and wipe dry.
- Polish your silverware using a baking soda water combination
- Clean your BBQ grill. Sprinkle on soda, spray with water, let sit. Rinse and wipe clean.
- Boost your laundry freshness by adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry solution.
- Want cleaner cloth diapers soak them in a baking soda water bath before you launder them.
- Add baking soda to a glass jar and place in refrigerator to deodorize.
- Add baking soda to the bottom of your trash can to cut the smells.
- Mop your tile floors with a baking soda water combination.
- Does your garburator stink? Add baking soda and ice, turn on the water and run to clean.
- Add baking soda to your dishwasher to cut the smell.
- Freshen your linen closet by adding a box of baking soda mixed with lavender essential oils.
- Freshen your pet’s litter box by adding a sprinkle of baking soda before adding new litter to the box.
- Freshen that smelly gym bag with a sprinkle of baking soda.
- Extinguish grease and kitchen fires with baking soda. Note: call the fire department in case of all fires.
- Keep your flowers fresh by adding a 1/2 tsp or baking soda to the vase water.
- Wash your produce in a baking soda bath and rinse clean.
- Keep the ants away with a salt and baking soda combo. Sprinkle where needed.
Body & Health Care
- Relax after a hard day by adding baking soda and essential oils to your bath water.
- Soak your tired feet in a tub of warm water, baking soda and peppermint essential oils.
- Make homemade toothpaste by combining baking soda and coconut oil.
- Add baking soda to your morning facial routine in a scrub. Use 2 parts baking soda to 1 part water, scrub and rinse clean.
- Treat bug bites with a paste of baking soda and water.
- Add a sprinkle of baking soda to a glass or water and swish in your mouth to freshen your breath.
- Make homemade deodorant using baking soda and other household ingredients.
- Baking soda in water as a drinkable antacid.
- Use baking soda as a dry shampoo and follow with an apple cider rinse.
- Sunburn relief, soak in a mild soda and water bath to relieve sunburn side effects.
- Whiten your teeth by applying a baking soda and water paste to your teeth.
- Balance your bodies pH using baking soda.
- Neutralize your stomach acid and upset tummy by adding tsp of baking soda to your drinking water.
- Soothe psoriasis with a baking soda and water bath.
- Clean your dirty combs and hair brushes in baking soda water solution.
35 Great economical uses for baking soda that will save you time and money.
Are you looking to save money? Checkout these money saving resources:
Are you looking to get your finances under control and learn how to budget? You can get our free budgeting printable here. Another great resource for budgeting and learning all the ins and outs of personal finance is The Total Money Makeover. This book changed our personal finances for the better and is a must read.
If you have read my blog before you have heard me talk about MyFreezEasy meal plans and how much I love them. You have also heard me talk about all the time and money meal planning saves me. I use to choose take out or drive thru coffee or dinner at a restaurant after a long hard day. Learning to meal plan effectively helped curb that habit and now we are enjoying yummy homemade meals that our family love.
Is your grocery budget stressing you out? Are you trying to figure out how to feed our family healthy meals while you watch the price of groceries rise? You are not alone.
The Grocery Budget Workshop taught me how to save money at the grocery store. It taught me how to cook efficiently, manage a grocery budget, shop sales and coupon quickly. It also taught me how to save over $700 a month on items our family really didn’t need.
Are you ready to earn money while you shop? Yes, I said earn money while you shop. Have you heard of Ibotta? Earn cash back on everyday purchases. Simple select the items you will be shopping for in your easy handheld app, go shopping, redeem your rebates and earn cash. Simple and easy.