Extreme Frugal Living
What is the weirdest thing you do to save money? Extreme frugal living is frugal living taken to the next level, doing things to save more money. Some might view these as extreme frugal living tips others might view these as depression era money saving tips.
No matter how you view it families who live extremely frugal are saving tons of money, paying down debt and working through Dave Ramsey’s baby steps at a rapid rate.
What Is Frugal Living?
Frugal living is living below your means. Spending less than you make and living thrifty to help you live more than paycheck to paycheck.
Living frugally provides you with the means to save more money and decrease your debt. And frugal living isn’t hard. A simple way to start would be bringing your coffee and lunch from home or cancelling services you aren’t using.
Why Is Frugal Living Important?
If you are looking to decrease your debt, save for a large purchase, retire debt free or provide for your family frugal living is so important. Living frugally gives you options.
Frugal living can help you live beyond paycheck to paycheck. You can start investing more money into your savings account and your family’s future. Living frugally is the simple things that help you save a ton and it’s real easy to do.
Can Living Frugally Save Me Money?
Living frugally can help you save a ton of money, decrease your household expenses and cut your debt. And frugal living is real easy to start. In fact you could start today.
How To Live Frugally?
Living frugally is about making small changes to your everyday to save more money. Common examples of this are brown bagging your lunch, cutting your cable, washing your clothes in cold water and hanging them to dry or growing your own food.
Lots of individuals live a super frugal lifestyle where they do multiple frugal tips to save time and money. You can discover 75 Super Frugal Tips To Help You Cut Your Household Expenses.
Living On A Tight Budget
Extremely frugal people and frugal people alike stick to a budget. But when times are tough due to job loss or cost increases living on a tight budget is more than possible with frugal living. Even more so with extreme frugal living.
42 Extreme Frugal Tips
1. Going through the lost and found for needed items
2. Purchase liquid soap, dilute it with water and use in a foam soap pump (1 part soap, 3 parts water)
3. Use regular bar soap as shaving gel
4. Invest in safety razors and blades instead of disposables
5. Cut your families hair
6.Color your own hair and skip the salon
8. Using Dr. Bonners soap for hand soap, body wash, household cleaner and floor cleaner
9. Cleaning your floors on your hands and knees instead of using Swiffers
10. Using reusable cleaning cloths and mop pads
11. Using old t-shirts as cleaning rags
12. Buying reusable bamboo paper towels (use, wash, dry, repeat)
13. DIY your own cleaning solution
14. Shopping discount retailers
15. Shop consignment
16. Make and use hankies instead of tissues
17. Purchasing almost expired discount food
18. Reusing your paper grocery bags as wrapping paper
19. Reuse wrapping paper and gift bags
20. Look for free stuff on Craigslist or Marketplace
21. Save and use coupons
22. Buy blackout curtains to keep the light out and heat in your home
23. Use wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets
24. Grow your own food
25. DIY your gifts
26. Shop estate sales
27. Save plastic and glass food containers to reuse
28. Use plastic bags for rain cover jackets and over running shoes for impromptu boots
29. When your boots are to big fill with extra socks and/or paper to make them fit right
30. Airbnb or rent portions of your home out for income
31. Lock up the thermostat and bring out the blankets
32. Barter services and goods
33. Get rid of single use items and purchase reusable make up sponges, food bags, travel cutlery and etc.
34. Invest in a good coffee maker and bring your coffee in to go cups
35. Use reusable coffee filters
36. Use hotel and sample soap products
37. Save and use to go condiments in lunches
38. Invest in a rain barrel for watering garden, grass and plants
40. Extreme couponing
41. Don’t spend your $5 bills – save them (or all your change in a jar) it adds up fast
42. Cut open your laundry soap, shampoo and conditioner bottles – there is still a ton of liquid left in the bottom
How To Be Extremely Frugal
Being extremely frugal is all in how you approach spending, saving and daily life. Someone who is extremely frugal is going to look for ways to save money in everything they do. They are going weigh the need versus the want looking for alternative ways to save cash.
Extremely Frugal People
An extremely frugal person has a goal set to save money and they are going to cut corners, leave things out, cut expenses and bargain shop to do so.
You can save a ton of money with extreme frugality. Above we listed off 42 extreme frugal living tips. Simple, but extreme ways to save more money.
Being Frugal And Being Cheap
In today’s economy being frugal and being cheap are used to represent the same thing. But in reference to definition a cheap person doesn’t like to spend money. Where a frugal person will look for smart money solutions to afford what they need.
Extreme Cheapskate Ideas
An extreme cheapskate or cheap person looks for extreme ways to save money and cut corners. Not that there is anything wrong in being cheap. If it helps you decrease your debt, cut your expenses and put more money back into your wallet then your doing something right.
Some examples of extreme cheapskate ideas are rinsing out previously used baggies and reusing them. Adding water to your shampoo and conditioner bottles for a few more uses. Gleaning for fresh produce. Keeping spare vegetable parts in the freezer for making broths or sauces.
Extreme Cheapskate Money Saving Tips
If you are looking to tighten the budget and work at saving money. Some extreme money saving tips would include making your own laundry soap and using bar shampoo which lasts a long time.
Saving Money On Food
Freezing your leftovers and utilizing your freezer to help you save more money. Discover all the foods you can freeze to save money.
An extremely frugal person may also sew their own clothes, mend existing clothing to make them last longer and partake in hand me downs.
Best Extreme Frugal Living Tip
The most popular extreme frugal living tip is no spend months and no spend weekends. Cutting all extra spending to save money.
Another great frugal activity is buying items in bulk, freezing or storing the extras to save additional money in a frugal home.
Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
A frugal home is a happy place to be. It is one of abundance, grace, appreciation and savings. It is also a place you might find lots of home cooked meals, DIY, and budgeting. Discover the secret must haves of a frugal home.
The Frugal Life
The frugal life of a modern home is one filled with simplicity and savings. A frugal mom may use cloth diapers and washable wipes. She may own a basic capsule wardrobe, shop thrift stores and hand me downs. Meal planning, using Rakuten to save cash, using a slow cooker or Instant Pot is a regular everyday thing.
Having different bank accounts set up for savings and different bill payments to help in budgeting is viewed as normal. Biking, walking to work or carpooling is common place.
Living a frugal life is about living below your means, saving money and making smart choices so you can live well into retirement.
Frugal Girls Weekend
Whether you are simply cutting back on expenses, living frugally or sticking to a strict extreme frugal lifestyle you need to have some fun. Get your girls together and plan a frugal no spend girls weekend full of fun, rest and relaxation.
♥ More About Saving & Simplicity
Welcome! I am so glad you are here I am Cynthia, primary frugal mom blogger at Saving & Simplicity.
Where you will find frugal, money saving posts and articles along with DIY projects, cheap & easy recipes and so much more.
CREATE the life you want and learn to live more frugally living.
Updated June 20, 2022