*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you looking for ways to save money?
If you are, you are in the right place. Whether you are looking to lower your household expenses or pay down some debt you will find some amazing money saving tips below.
Now is the time to start living frugally and saving money.
Frugal living what is it exactly?
Frugal living is about being smart with your money and living below your means. It is also about making smart choice. Opting out of the drive thru to bring your own coffee to work.
Or hanging your clothes to dry instead of tossing them in the dryer. It is also about assessing where you are spending your money.
You can learn the 21 things we stopped buying in order to save $1000 off our monthly budget.
50 Frugal Living Tips That Will Save You Money
- Use a budget and stick to it
- Grow your own vegetables and fruit
- Regrow fresh food from your kitchen scraps
- Can and preserve the bounty of the season
- Make your own bread and pastries
- Hang your laundry to dry instead of using the dryer
- Learn to sew and mend your clothes
- Wear it, mend it, re-purpose it
- Make your food from scratch
- Use a meal plan
- Don’t shop when hungry
- Eat out less
- Cook cheap recipe based foods
- Use your slow cooker
- Cook once and eat twice
- Eat meatless meals
- Invest in an Instant Pot
- Make breakfast for dinner
- Brown bag your lunch
- Eat healthy on a budget
- Shop at your local thrift store
- Use coupons or Ibotta to save money
- Order freebies and samples
- Buy in bulk
- Shop with a list
- Stop buying pop, drink water
- Enjoy cheap dates
- Treat family to budget friendly activities
- Cut the cable, cellphone or landline
- Turn the heat down
- Unplug electronics when not in use
- Make your own cleaners
- Use cloth napkins, ditch the paper
- Make your own gifts
- Buy and restore used furniture
- Buy or rent a house that fits your needs
- Use reusable cloth bags
- Get a library card
- Enjoy super fun, super cheap activities
- Bike to work or take public transport
- DIY everything and anything
- Shop at garage sales and flea markets
- Sell your old items online or at garage sales
- Shop around your cellphone, mortgage, banking plans
- Pay with cash
- Checkout your free local attractions
- Enjoy kids eat free places
- Play in the park or go for a hike it’s free
- Shop smart, don’t lead with temptation
- Share the abundance of your garden, your extra fresh bread, your old clothes or unused items
Start saving more money today.
Try one of these 50 money saving ideas and start saving more money today. Try two or three and save more.
Assess where you are spending your money and start making more home cooked meals. Try a few different frugal living ideas and see what works for your family.
- Skip The Meal Planning Overwhelm
- What To Give Up When Money Is Tight
- Over 450+ Frugal Living, Money Saving Tips
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity
Updated August 13, 2018