This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Are you looking for frugal ways to save money?
If you are, you are in the right place. Whether you are looking to lower your household expenses or pay down some debt you will find some amazing frugal living tips that will help you save money below.
Now is the time to start living frugally and saving money.
what is Frugal living?
Frugal living is about being smart with your money and living below your means. It is also about making smart choice. Opting out of the drive thru to bring your own coffee to work.
Frugal living ideas
Or hanging your clothes to dry instead of tossing them in the dryer. It’s also about assessing where you’re spending your money.
You can learn the 21 things we stopped buying in order to save $1000 off our monthly budget.
benefits of budgeting
Budgeting is on of the best ways to save money. Knowing how much you have coming in and what your household expenses are is important.
Budgeting your monthly expenses also gives you a clear picture of where you can cut your expenses in order to save more money.
frugal budget tips
importance of being frugal
Being frugal is super important if you are looking to pay down debt, save for a big ticket item or plan for your future. And it’s not hard to do. It’s about making simple changes to your everyday that make a big impact in your savings.
how to be more frugal
Start with simple. Are you a coffee and breakfast drive thru morning kind of person? Or do you join the work gang for lunch at the local pub? Try one or two days a week bring in coffee or lunch from home and seeing how much money you save.
Living a frugal life
Keep track and assess your expenses. See where you can decrease your spending or change an item to save some money. Being frugal is all about making changes that work for you and help you save money. Below are 50 frugal tips that can help you put more money back into your wallet.
Related frugal living idea Posts:
50 Frugal Living Tips That Will Save You Money:
2. Grow your own vegetables and fruit
3. Regrow fresh food from your kitchen scraps
4. Can and preserve the bounty of the season
6. Learn to sew and mend your clothes
7. Wear it, mend it, re-purpose it
9. Make your food from scratch
10. Don’t shop when hungry
11. Eat out less
12. Use a meal plan
13. Cook cheap recipe based foods
14. Use your slow cooker
15. Cook once and eat twice
16. Eat meatless meals
18. Make breakfast for dinner
19. Brown bag your lunch
21. Shop at your local thrift store
22. Order freebies and samples
23. Buy in bulk
24. Use the Rakuten App to save money
25. Shop with a list
26. Stop buying pop, drink water
28. Treat family to budget friendly activities
29. Cut the cable, cellphone or landline
30. Turn the heat down
31. Unplug electronics when not in use
32. Make your own cleaners
34. Make your own gifts
35. Buy and restore used furniture
36. Buy or rent a house that fits your needs
38. Get a library card
40. Bike to work or take public transport
41. DIY everything and anything
42. Shop at garage sales and flea markets
43. Sell your old items online or at garage sales
44. Shop around your cellphone, mortgage, banking plans
45. Pay with cash
46. Checkout your free local attractions
47. Enjoy kids eat free places
48. Play in the park or go for a hike it’s free
49. Shop smart, don’t lead with temptation
50. Share the abundance of your garden, your extra fresh bread, your old clothes or unused items
Living frugally is super simple and easy to do. Pick one or five of the tips above and work them into your daily or weekly activities. You will start seeing savings results immediately. It may be just a dollar or to but the more you do the more results you will see.
Frugal living in action. A frugal mom may pack her husband coffee and lunch before he heads to work. She may wash the laundry in cold water and hang it to dry. In her frugal home you may find a fully stocked pantry and a full freezer ready for meal planning and baking.
Other examples of frugal living are carpooling with your co-workers. Planting a community vegetable garden and baking homemade bread. Frugality has many faces with the main goal living well on less.
how to live well on less
Living well on less is about spending less than you make and putting the extra towards paying down your debt and saving for your future. This may mean opting out of a dinner out and choosing a night in. It may mean choosing generic at the grocery store versus your favorite name brand.
Is about making smart choices with your money. Stretching that dollar to cover all of your needs while still saving some for later.
Never Pay Full Price Again!
The 50 tips above will help you cut your household expenses and save money. But I want to let you in on a secret…
The Rakuten App is a money saving app that will help you never pay full price again. Save money on shoes, make up, pasta, coffee and so much more. If you shop on Amazon, Rakuten is a money saving must. Try the Rakuten App today and get $10 free my treat.
Updated February 13, 2021