*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you looking for ways to save money?
If you are, you are in the right place. Whether you are looking to lower your household expenses or pay down some debt you will find some amazing money saving tips below.
Now is the time to start living frugally and saving money.
Frugal living what is it exactly?
Frugal living is about being smart with your money and living below your means. It is also about making smart choice. Opting out of the drive thru to bring your own coffee to work.
Or hanging your clothes to dry instead of tossing them in the dryer. It’s also about assessing where you’re spending your money.
You can learn the 21 things we stopped buying in order to save $1000 off our monthly budget.
50 Frugal Living Tips That Will Save You Money
2. Grow your own vegetables and fruit
3. Regrow fresh food from your kitchen scraps
4. Can and preserve the bounty of the season
6. Learn to sew and mend your clothes
7. Wear it, mend it, re-purpose it
9. Make your food from scratch
10. Don’t shop when hungry
11. Eat out less
12. Use a meal plan
13. Cook cheap recipe based foods
14. Use your slow cooker
15. Cook once and eat twice
16. Eat meatless meals
18. Make breakfast for dinner
19. Brown bag your lunch
21. Shop at your local thrift store
22. Order freebies and samples
23. Buy in bulk
25. Shop with a list
26. Stop buying pop, drink water
28. Treat family to budget friendly activities
29. Cut the cable, cellphone or landline
30. Turn the heat down
31. Unplug electronics when not in use
32. Make your own cleaners
34. Make your own gifts
35. Buy and restore used furniture
36. Buy or rent a house that fits your needs
38. Get a library card
40. Bike to work or take public transport
41. DIY everything and anything
42. Shop at garage sales and flea markets
43. Sell your old items online or at garage sales
44. Shop around your cellphone, mortgage, banking plans
45. Pay with cash
46. Checkout your free local attractions
47. Enjoy kids eat free places
48. Play in the park or go for a hike it’s free
49. Shop smart, don’t lead with temptation
50. Share the abundance of your garden, your extra fresh bread, your old clothes or unused items
Never Pay Full Price Again!
The 50 tips above will help you cut your household expenses and save money. But I want to let you in on a secret…
The Rakuten App is a money saving app that will help you never pay full price again. Save money on shoes, make up, pasta, coffee and so much more. If you shop on Amazon, Ratuken is a money saving must. Try the Rakuten App today and get $10 free my treat.
Updated November 12, 2019