50 Life Changing Mom Hacks That Are Pure Genius
Those little itty bitty super easy time saving hacks that make your life so much easier. Mom hacks have to be up there with some of the most genius things around because they make life and parenting so much easier. Discover over 50 amazing organization tips and life changing mom hacks below.
Every parent has them. Things that make your day so much more organized and successful. Things that get dinner on the table faster, kids ready for school faster, the laundry done and so much more. These are hacks that help organize our life.
What Is A Mom Hack?
A mom hack is something that a mom invented. Something that mom threw together in two seconds to make things work better and less messy.
Examples Of Smart Mom Hacks
For example attaching a cupcake paper to the bottom of a popsicle to catch the drips. Or DIYing your own hair detangler by adding a squirt of conditioner to water in a water spray bottle. Mom hacks are just plain genius.
Simple things that make life so much easier and cheaper. Like putting silicone cupcake liners in your vehicle cup holders so they are easier to clean. Changing to foam soap dispensers from liquid pump soap to save money. Learning to meal plan so you can save money on groceries and time during the week. Life hacks make life easier.
Mom Organization Hacks
Moms are great at multi-tasking and keeping the household organized. Here are some super simple things you can do to keep your home more organized:
- Create a command center where you keep your calendar, to do lists, activities, bills and etc. I love this command center from Unoriginal Mom. It’s super easy to make and functional.
- Clean your kids toys by placing them in a mesh laundry bag and dropping them into the washing machine. Make sure no electrical toys get included. You can do this with plastic toys, stuffed animals and most larger Lego type blocks.
- Keep all shoes, jackets, backpacks, packed diaper bags by the door ready for use.
- Attach a cupcake holder to the bottom of a popsicle to catch the drips.
- Prepare tomorrows lunches and snacks today to help save time.
Mom Hacks Back To School
Back to school is crazy busy and stressful for everyone. It means back to scheduled activity and class times. Goodbye to lazy summer days. But back to school can be made a whole lot easier with these amazing mom tips.
- Start buying the school supplies early. Here are some great money saving tips.
- Create a snack and lunch prep area in your fridge. Have juice boxes, cut vegetables, handy snacks easy and available to add to lunches and for after school snacking.
- Label everything including the reusable water bottle.
- On Sunday plan out a weeks worth of outfits and separate them in a hanging organizer or in a plastic drawer stacker.
- Make a back to school checklist with everything on it that needs to be done before or after school.
Mom Hacks That Make Life So Much Easier
Moms are full of tips and tricks that make the day so much better. Like making sure their are snacks in the car at all times.
- Storing and organizing Lego in a hanging shoe organizer or quick storage in a playmat storage bin.
- Upcycle an Altoids metal tin to carry crayons in your purse plus a note pad for impromptu drawing.
- Keep a lint roller handy at all times for cleaning up cookie crumbs, glitter and so much more.
- Binder paper clips will become your new best friend. They work for snack bag clips, clipping paper drawings together, holding and shortening charging cords and they work great when you need to create a play fort with sheets and blankets.
- Put snack bins in the pantry so your kids have easy access to healthy snacks.
DIY Mom Hacks
Most mom hacks and parenting tips are based on doing it yourself. You will find tons of DIY mom hacks throughout this posts but here are some great tips:
- Use hair ties, elastics or cookie cutters to keep cupboard doors closed.
- Remove marker and ink from surfaces with toothpaste and water or a Mr. Clean eraser.
- Use masking tape on the carpet to create race tracks for cars or for creating obstacle course or indoor hopscotch.
- Keep the chore chart handy on the fridge so everyone can keep track.
- Use a sheet as a picnic blanket or toddler play area while at the beach or on a picnic.
Mom Budgeting Hacks
Being frugal and budget savvy is an important part of family life. It means you can afford more on less. Plus it gives you the opportunity to stay home with your kids.
- Buy a gift card every month (or put money aside) to use towards Christmas shopping.
- Find your favorite discount retailer locally for your weekly shopping like Aldi.
- Paying attention to the store flyers and revolving sales.
- Using cash envelopes to help you budget. Learn more about cash envelopes here.
- Discover what you can freeze to help you save money on groceries.
Mom Meal Planning Hacks
Meal planning is amazing and it will help save you time and money. Learn how to simplify your meal planning. Here are some great meal planning and time saving hacks:
- Start with some great family friendly meals like a months worth of free slow cooker meals or some of the best Instant Pot meals.
- Invest in great reusable food storage containers.
- Make time to do food preparation for your weekly meals.
- Cook larger meals, or do batch cooking and freeze the leftovers for busy weeknights.
- Plan your meals weekly or monthly and work you recipe ideas around what you have or what’s on sale.
Mom Grocery Shopping Hacks
Let’s face it foods expensive so learning a few grocery shopping hacks that will help lower your food costs is important.
- Shop alone or order your groceries online and have them delivered to ensure you stick to your grocery lists.
- Shop around. Don’t be loyal to just one store or just one brand. Saving money on groceries is important.
- Skip the precut, prewashed produce and do it yourself.
- Learn the sales cycles. Most sales will reoccur ever 3 to 6 weeks or before or after holidays.
- Keep the pantry stocked with basics so you can make a meal in a pinch.
Mom Cleaning Hacks
Things that make cleaning up the messes easier. Hiring a house cleaner would be great but it’s not always cost effective.
- Invest in natural cleaners or use a 50/50 water and vinegar solution plus a few drops of essential oils to clean the house from top to bottom.
- Stop using disposable dusters and floor mop refills start using reusable cleaning supplies.
- Get the kids involved with cleaning the house.
- Set aside time in your schedule to clean.
Mom Laundry Hacks
Doing laundry is a daily chore in most homes. Let’s find ways to make it easier.
- Start the laundry before you go to work in the morning.
- Sort your colors. Whites with whites. Colors with colors.
- Keep a Tide pen handy for stains.
- Use dryer balls instead of dryer sheets.
- Always wash and rinse with cold water unless necessary.
Mom Hacks For Baby
Life with littles is busy, sometimes sleepless and full of learning, sharing and cuddles. Finding a few hacks to make it easier is important.
- Wash your baby socks and mittens in a mesh laundry bag to keep everything together and from getting lost in the wash cycle.
- Stash wipes and extra diapers in your car for those moments your in a pinch or just case you forgot the diaper bag.
- Baby proof the coffee table using a pool noodle.
- Always pack snacks. Put Cheerios or other snacks in a small travel container.
- Sleep when they sleep.
Mom Hacks For Toddlers
They are learning, exploring and trying everything.
- Take a cool sticker cut it in half and place it inside your toddlers shoes so that they know which shoe goes on which foot. Checkout One Creative Housewife for more information.
- Make healthy eating fun for your littles by separating the food items in a ice cube tray.
- Keep your toddler busy by letting them paint wood with water. It looks like paint to them but it dries clean.
- Put a key ring on your child’s jacket zipper so it is easier for them to zip up.
- Keep a box handy at all times. Kids love boxes to color and use in imaginative play.
Mom Hacks For Kids
A few hacks that will make the day easier and more enjoyable no matter how many children you have.
- Wash your kids plastic toys in the dishwasher to help keep them germ free and clean.
- Got a child who hates bath time. Add a bath bomb to the water for fizzy fun.
- Wash your kids Legos once a month using a mesh bag in the washing machine. But avoid the little itty bitty pieces.
- Organize your kids clothes and make it visual for everyone including the littles. One Crazy House.
Mom Hacks For Teenagers
Mothers of teenagers know there will be some hard days mixed in with the awesome days. Here are some great hacks to help you get through:
- Be consistent with everything.
- Get them involved with the housework and cooking. Adulting 101
- Encourage down time, creative time, reading time and family time.
- All phones, tablets and computers go away at bedtime.
- Teach them how to handle money.
Mom Hacks For Mom Time
Whether you are a stay at home mom, single mom or working mom finding time for you is important.
- Get up earlier than the rest of the house so you can have time.
- Schedule fitness classes, dates, coffee with friends in to your schedule so you get the time.
- Make sure you take time for you everyday even if it’s just 20 minutes.
- Plan a girls weekend.
Related Hacks & DIY Posts:
- 21 Super Frugal Hacks, Stop Living Paycheck To Paycheck
- Frugal Living Hacks For Surviving On One Income
- 21 Things We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- 50 No Spend Fun Activities For Girls Weekend