*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
What is a No spend weekend?
A “no spend weekend” is a weekend or other time period that people have agreed to spend no extra money on things. The common misconception about a no spend weekend is that it will be boring and no fun. This couldn’t be further from the truth. You can have an amazing time on a no spend weekend.
Think about it what does your community or neighborhood have that you can do while spending no money? What amazing parks and trails do you have close by? What types of community events are going on this time of year? Does your library or community center offer programs and events?
You can have a great time at home.
Plan a camp out in the backyard or why not camp in the living room pop some popcorn or oven roast some smores and watch your favorite television shows. Pull out the old video games and see who will get the highest score.
Plan a family cook out or cook off. BBQ under the stars or enjoy a good Mexican fiesta. Call the neighbors over and have a potluck dinner. Good food and great conversation.
All you need is some imagination… What do you have that you can build a fort with? Pull out the craft supplies and have a crafty afternoon. Fill the house with the yummy aroma of fresh baked cookies. What about family board game night, who will win?
If you are looking for more of a relaxing weekend cuddle on the couch, read a good book or plan a tea party. Spend time doing yoga or painting or colouring. Working on projects you currently have under way. Relax with a spa bath or a massage.
No matter what you do I am sure your no spend weekend, week or month will be amazing.
50 Super No Spend Weekend Activities:
- Family movie night
- Plan a themed dinner party
- Go camping in the backyard
- Walk in the park
- Go to the playground and play
- Pull out the sleeping bags and camp indoors
- Hike the local trails
- Tour a museum
- Craft night
- Learn to juggle
- Play board games
- Bake cookies
- Build an indoor fort
- Play video games
- Play a sport
- Go swimming or skating
- Visit the art gallery
- Binge watch your favorite show
- Have a dance party
- Take in the local farmers market
- Read a book
- Checkout all the FREE stuff at the library
- Have lunch outside – plan a picnic
- Go for a bike ride
- Color the sidewalk with chalk art
- Play in the garden
- Have a garage sale
- Plan a date
- Attend a free community festival
- Go fishing if you have the supplies
- Practice yoga
- Have a nap
- Explore a new area of your city
- Do your freezer meal plan
- Pay it forward, be kind to others
- Have a cup of coffee and relax
- Star gaze
- People watch
- Cup and conversation
- Plan your next staycation
- Have a tea party
- Have a home spa day
- Attend a free class at your local hardware store
- Attend a free class at your local craft store
- Play an instrument
- Have a neighborhood potluck dinner
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Visit family and friends
- Set a budget toward financial peace
This list is just the tip of the ice berg use your imagination. See what your community has available. Stretch your legs and get out and enjoy the fresh air. Your frugal activity options are endless. You just need to change your mindset and have fun.
Have an amazing no spend weekend.
Saving & Simplicity