No Spend Weekend
Amazing no spend weekend ahead. If your budget is super tight or you spent all your money on food, rent and bills. Don’t worry! You can still have an amazing weekend full of great activities. Have you ever heard of a no spend weekend? Some people do no spend months.
What Is A No Spend Weekend?
A “no spend weekend” is a weekend where people plan to save money. You still eat amazing foods, have a great time with family and friends. But your main focus is on saving money.
No Spend Challenge
Over the weekend you don’t spend any extra money. You pay your bills and buy groceries if need be, but no extras. This means no shopping, going to the movies or mini vacations. The idea is to save as much money as possible.
Why Do A No Spend Weekend?
A lot of people do no spend weekends after the holidays or leading up to a big bill payment. Maybe you’re looking to pay down your mortgage, or your debt or save for a vacation. No spend weekends will help you get there faster.
Plan a family cook out or cook off. BBQ under the stars or enjoy a good Mexican fiesta. Call the neighbors over and have a potluck dinner. Good food and great conversation.
Cheap Backyard Camp Out
Plan a camp out in the backyard. Or camp in the living room, pop some popcorn or oven roast some s’mores and watch your favorite movies.
Relaxing No Spend Weekend
If you’re looking for more of a relaxing weekend cuddle on the couch, read a good book or plan a tea party. Spend time doing yoga or painting. Working on projects you currently have under way. Relax with a spa bath or a massage.
No matter what you do I am sure your no spend weekend will be amazing.
Related Frugal Posts:
- 101 Super Cheap Summer Activities
- How To Save Money When Things Are Tight
- Frugal Living Lessons From Thrifty People
50 No Spend Weekend Activities:
- Family movie night
- Plan a themed dinner party
- Go camping in the backyard
- Walk in the park
- Go to the playground and play
- Pull out the sleeping bags and camp indoors
- Hike the local trails
- Tour a museum
- Craft night
- Learn to juggle
- Play board games
- Bake cookies
- Build an indoor fort
- Play video games
- Play a sport
- Go swimming or skating
- Visit the art gallery
- Binge watch your favorite show
- Have a dance party
- Take in the local farmers market
- Read a book
- Checkout all the FREE stuff at the library
- Have lunch outside – plan a picnic
- Go for a bike ride
- Color the sidewalk with chalk art
- Play in the garden
- Have a garage sale
- Plan a date
- Attend a free community festival
- Go fishing if you have the supplies
- Practice yoga
- Have a nap
- Explore a new area of your city
- Do your freezer meal plan
- Pay it forward, be kind to others
- Have a cup of coffee and relax
- Star gaze
- People watch
- Cup and conversation
- Plan your next staycation
- Have a tea party
- Have a home spa day
- Attend a free class at your local hardware store
- Attend a free class at your local craft store
- Play an instrument
- Have a neighborhood potluck dinner
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Visit family and friends
- Set a budget toward financial peace
No Spend Weekend Ideas
This list is just the tip of the ice berg use your imagination. See what your community has available. Stretch your legs, get out and enjoy the fresh air. Your frugal activity options are endless. You just need to change your mindset and have fun.
Updated June 6, 2021