This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
screen free activities
Are your kids spending to much time in front of the television? Or on their electronic devices. Kids today are smarter and quicker when it comes to computers, using the internet and even searching things up on You-tube. It’s time to put away the devices, turn off the television and enjoy some electronic free activities.
fun things to do without electronics
Discover just how much fun you can have by going unplugged. Get inspired. Get crafty. Get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Take a bike ride, plan a picnic, get out the art supplies and get crafty. Get busy in the kitchen and bake cupcakes.
outdoor activities for kids
Hit your local hiking trail and pack a picnic. Spend the afternoon in the park. Or get out the sprinkler and enjoy your own backyard.
non screen time activities
Fun craft ideas. Break out the glitter and the glue and let your children get their creativity going. Play dough and modeling clay are great television free activities.
Let them play
Kids are inventive, curious, smart and artistic. Put away the electronics and let them play. Let their imagination run wild.
things to do when your bored
Will your children get bored without technology? Maybe but only for a minute. Given the opportunity to create their own adventures and playtime activities will help cure the boredom blues. Children are resilient and creative. Give a child a box and they can play for hours.
50 electronic Free Activities:
1. Race toy cars. My sons favorite activity is to race toy cars down the slide at the park and see which is faster.
2. Park playtime.
3. Get out an go for a walk or a family bike ride.
4. Build a fort. Who doesn’t love building a fort out of sheets, boxes, furniture and other items.
5. Make a homemade pinball box. This one is made of cardboard, crafting sticks and a ball.
6. Play with cardboard boxes. Give a child a toy and the box seems more interesting. Add in balls and stuffed animals and the play could last for hours.
8. Add some dinosaur toys to your kinetic sand and you have your own dinosaur dig adventure.
9. Create paper dolls to dress up and play pretend.
10. Make a batch of play dough and you have hours of play.
12. Have a tea party with all the toys.
13. Plan a scavenger hunt around the house or in the backyard.
14. Make a giant dry erase mat. Note this will promote hours of drawing.
15. Dress up and parade around the house.
16. Have a dance party.
18. Draw and color.
19. Build a toothpick and mini marshmallow tower.
20. Have a spoon and large marshmallow race. Same idea as an egg and spoon race without the mess.
21. Spend time in the garden planting seeds.
22. Send the kids on a collection adventure. Give them a list of items to gather or put away.
23. Make sock puppets.
24. Create your own homemade lava lamp. Oil and water experiment.
25. Play dominoes. See how long you can create the design before they all start falling down.
26. Create your own musical instruments with items from around the house.
28. Get out the paint and sponges and create a work of art.
29. Sing a song and dance around.
30. Make glitter slime.
31. Cuddle on the couch and read a good book.
32. Break out the busy bags and have some fun.
33. Get out the chalk and draw on the side walk.
34. Have a fun time bath with all your toys and some bubbles.
35. Make bath bombs.
36. Play hopscotch. If it is raining you can use painters tape to create your hopscotch on the interior floor.
37. Create an obstacle course.
38. Get busy and exercise together. Jumping jacks anyone?
39. Raid the recycle bin and create some eco-friendly art.
40. Plan a family themed dinner and cook together.
41. Get out the skipping rope and jump a little.
42. Get out the sleeping bags and camp in the living room or under the stars.
45. Get out the art supplies and create.
46. Paint rocks.
47. Create giant bubbles.
48. Play indoor bowling with recycled bottles and a ball.
49. Create a ball pit or stuffed animal pit.
50. Get creative. Bake and decorate some cookies.
fun things to do instead of screen time
What do your children like to do? Ask them. Maybe they like arts and crafts. Or maybe a game of basketball is more their thing. You could have an inventive child that likes to build forts and play with Lego.
Or maybe you have the strong minded silent type that loves books and drawing. Keeping a few things on hand will help occupy your children during down time.
⭐screen free activity supplies for kids
what to do without technology by yourself
Take advantage of the time with out technology to take a nap, catch up on some reading, go for a run, catch up with friends over coffee.
things to do without internet or tv
We live in the age of technology if the wifi goes down or the cable has an issue or the electricity goes out and all the electronic devices don’t work panic sets in.
There is lots to do without internet or tv like going for a walk, playing outside, reading a book, playing aboard game, visiting with family and friends. Get started on that hobby you always wanted to try.
things to do without screens
Above we listed off loads of things to do without electronics these included arts and crafts ideas, hobbies, getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. Your options are only limited by your imagination.
how to have fun without technology
This will depend on what you are interested in. Maybe you like gardening or hiking or taking photographs. Or maybe getting together face to face with friends over coffee is a great activity. We have listed off 50 screen free kids activities which can work for adults as well. Enjoy the down time.
Updated February 21, 2021