This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Are your kids spending to much time in front of the television?
Or on their electronic devices. Kids today are smarter and quicker when it comes to computers, using the internet and even searching things up on Youtube. It’s time to put away the devices, turn off the television and enjoy some electronic free activities.
Discover just how much fun you can have by going unplugged. Get inspired. Get crafty. Get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
50 electronic Free Activities:
1. Race toy cars. My sons favorite activity is to race toy cars down the slide at the park and see which is faster.
2. Park playtime.
3. Get out an go for a walk or a family bike ride.
4. Build a fort. Who doesn’t love building a fort out of sheets, boxes, furniture and other items.
5. Make a homemade pinball box. This one is made of cardboard, crafting sticks and a ball.
6. Play with cardboard boxes. Give a child a toy and the box seems more interesting. Add in balls and stuffed animals and the play could last for hours.
8. Add some dinosaur toys to your kinetic sand and you have your own dinosaur dig adventure.
9. Create paper dolls to dress up and play pretend.
10. Make a batch of play dough and you have hours of play.
12. Have a tea party with all the toys.
13. Plan a scavenger hunt around the house or in the backyard.
14. Make a giant dry erase mat. Note this will promote hours of drawing.
15. Dress up and parade around the house.
16. Have a dance party.
18. Draw and color.
19. Build a toothpick and mini marshmallow tower.
20. Have a spoon and large marshmallow race. Same idea as an egg and spoon race without the mess.
21. Spend time in the garden planting seeds.
22. Send the kids on a collection adventure. Give them a list of items to gather or put away.
23. Make sock puppets.
24. Create your own homemade lava lamp. Oil and water experiment.
25. Play dominoes. See how long you can create the design before they all start falling down.
26. Create your own musical instruments with items from around the house.
28. Get out the paint and sponges and create a work of art.
29. Sing a song and dance around.
30. Make glitter slime.
31. Cuddle on the couch and read a good book.
32. Break out the busy bags and have some fun.
33. Get out the chalk and draw on the side walk.
34. Have a fun time bath with all your toys and some bubbles.
35. Make bath bombs.
36. Play hopscotch. If it is raining you can use painters tape to create your hopscotch on the interior floor.
37. Create an obstacle course.
38. Get busy and exercise together. Jumping jacks anyone?
39. Raid the recycle bin and create some eco-friendly art.
40. Plan a family themed dinner and cook together.
41. Get out the skipping rope and jump a little.
42. Get out the sleeping bags and camp in the living room or under the stars.
45. Get out the art supplies and create.
46. Paint rocks.
47. Create giant bubbles.
48. Play indoor bowling with recycled bottles and a ball.
49. Create a ball pit or stuffed animal pit.
50. Get creative. Bake and decorate some cookies.
Updated February 9, 2020