This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Are you looking for budget friendly family activities?
When the budget gets tight the fun doesn’t have to stop. Below find a list of 75 fun frugal family activities that won’t break the bank. Plus most of these ideas are free which is a budgeting bonus.
Free family activities in your community
Community festivals, farmers markets and events are a great source of frugal family fun. Does your town have any lakes or biking trails you can enjoy? What about farm tours or local events? Does your library or community center offer family programs and activities?
Crafts & Doing It Your Way
Arts and crafts are fun at any age. Construction and building is fun as well. Do you have blocks and other building supplies?
Why not have a family building contest? Who can build the coolest tower out of ______! Or have an arts and crafts night, these work great with kids and around the holidays.
Related craft Posts:
Enjoy the great outdoors for FREE
No matter where you live there has to be a great place to go for a walk, a hike or a picnic. The outdoors is full of so many frugal activities.
Get out and enjoy the fresh air and quality family time.
75 budget friendly family activities:
- Walk in the park
- Take a drive
- Listen to local concerts
- Take in a local street festival
- Picnic in the park
- Search for deals at the local flea market
- Checkout the local farmers markets
- Does your town have a farm tour?
- Take in a local coffee shop music night
- Does your town have an open mic night?
- Go to church
- Take a class together
- Tour your own city or a neighboring city
- Go hiking
- Go for a bike ride
- Take the dog for a walk
- Home movie nights
- Create a theme night activity
- Potluck meals with friends
- BBQ party
- Relax on the beach
- Yoga in the park
- Play in the local park
- Play tennis on the community court
- Go exercise at the local community center
- Video game night
- Bowling (kids bowl free events)
- Old fashion music jam session with friends
- Have a tea party
- Home spa night
- Host a poker night
- Go boating
- Kids eat free restaurants (check your local listings)
- Concerts in the park
- Visit family
- Go fishing
- Night markets
- School events
- Visit friends
- Watch your favorite shows together
- Family bingo night
- Family game night
- Community theatre events
- Vintage shopping
- Thrift store shopping
- Garage sale tours
- Family game of mini golf
- Try the golfing range
- Family cooking night
- Community fairs
- Read and rent books or movies from the library
- Checkout free events at the library
- Watch a local sports team
- Play a family game of football
- One on one basketball
- Lawn bowling
- Get crafting
- Be a tourist in your own city
- Go swimming
- Go skating
- Go camping
- Plan a living room camp out smores included
- Look for free community events
- Museum tours
- Take in an art gallery exhibits
- Coffee in the park and people watch
- Try a new restaurant or cafe together
- Walk through your towns art district or main street
- Break out the sidewalk chalk
- Take in art in the park
- Checkout the zoo
- Go roller skating
- Volunteer as a group
- Enjoy doing what you love as a family
Frugal fun family time can be found anywhere
You just need to look. Be inventive, get creative. Checkout your local events and community activities.
Updated February 14, 2020