*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you looking for fun and frugal things to?
Yes! You are in the right place. Below you will find a list of 75 things to do instead of spend money.
No more wandering the mall, no more errand running. No more spending money.
Whether you are strapped for cash or simply saving money for something big you can still have an amazing time.
What do you like to do for fun?
Do you like to sit back and relax ? Or put your boots on and go for a hike. Or is a scavenger hunt and rock climb more your thing?
We all love to do different things. In our house I would rather go for a walk or sit back and read a book. My husband would b-line to the nearest 4×4 trail. Our son would gladly tinker with his toys.
What is your favorite family activity? What did you love to do growing up? As a family we love to take our dog for a walk. Whether it be at the beach or the local park. We love to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
What is right outside your front door?
Where do you live? What is available to you locally? What community activities can you partake in for free?
What hobbies do you have? If you had thirty minutes of down time what would you do? What would your family do? What do you do for fun?
75 Things To Do Instead Of Spend Money:
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Plant flowers
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go for a hike
- Read a book
- Play a board game
- Go for a hike
- Take a bike ride
- Play hopscotch
- Blow bubbles
- Visit the beach and build a sand castle
- Go swimming
- Take in a free community show
- Visit your local museum
- Cup and conversation
- Play ground play time
- Camp out in the back yard
- Movie night
- Cook a themed dinner
- Campfire and marshmallow roast
- Go bird watching
- Play video games
- Play basketball
- Bake cookies
- Have a dance party
- Tackle the to do list
- Build a fort and hang out
- DIY pedicure and manicure
- Have a BBQ and family get together
- Paint night
- Art in the park
- Visit the library
- Learn a new skill online
- Visit family and friends
- Tour your local farms
- Go rock climbing
- Listen to the radio and relax
- Take a nap
- Go snow shoeing
- Bake muffins
- Meal plan your week – include the family
- Organize the cupboards
- Go skiing or sledding
- Collect things to sell
- Play with toys
- Build a lego city
- Go star gazing
- Old school picnic games – 3 legged race, egg in a spoon
- Craft night
- Nerf war
- Take photos
- Sew, knit or crochet
- Build something
- DIY Home Decor
- Go fly a kite
- Go fishing
- Play a musical instrument
- Have a fondue party or appetizer party
- Plan your next vacation
- Pick fruit or vegetables at a local farm
- Explore a new park or new area of your town
- Catch up on all your television shows
- Host a neighborhood potluck
- Learn a new language
- Get all dressed up and have a nice dinner in
- Cuddle on the couch and watch movies
- Yoga in the park
- Go on a free wine tour
- Enjoy a community gathering
- Watch a local college or high school sports game
- Game day dinner and appys at home with friends
- Relax and enjoy a few stress free moments
Enjoy your time.
No matter what you do on a no spend day, week, month or in any amount of time. Do something you like doing. Do something your family enjoys doing.
If you usually go out for breakfast on a Saturday morning and hit the farmer’s market for a walk through. Swap it up with a homemade breakfast on the patio. Cup and conversation followed by a backyard game of lawn bowling or a visit to the park.
If your usual Friday night is dinner, drinks and a movie at the theatre. You could save all that money by having dinner and drinks at home, cuddling on the couch, enjoying homemade desserts or popcorn and a movie.
A great example of family fun day would be a picnic in the park, some playtime or a game of basketball, followed by maybe a walk around and a potluck dinner with friends.
Your options are limitless. You could start the day off with cup and conversation, strawberries and granola or eggs benedict on the patio and end with star-gazing and camping in the backyard.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity