*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
It is time to save money – no spend weekend ahead!
Have you ever vowed to have a no spend weekend? What is it? Exactly how it sounds, you spend no money.
Can you still have fun on a no spend weekend?
Yes, lots of frugal fun. And no this doesn’t mean you are stuck at home. You can have an amazing time during a no spend weekend. The great part aside from all the fun is you are saving lots of money.
The key step to having a great no spend weekend is planning. Below you will find a list of 75 things to do on a no spend weekend. Check the list over, plan ahead, pull out the craft supplies, pop some popcorn and enjoy a wonderful FREE weekend.
75 Things to do on a no spend weekend:
- Family movie night
- Themed dinner party
- Camping inside or outside
- Walk in the park
- Go to the playground and play
- Play lawn bowling or tennis
- Hike the local trails
- Tour a museum
- Craft night
- Scrap booking
- Play board games
- Bake cookies
- Build an indoor fort
- Spend time with your kids and play with the toys
- Video games
- Play a sport
- Go swimming or skating
- Learn to be frugal
- Visit the art gallery
- Binge watch your favorite show
- Have a dance party
- Learn a new language
- Watch a podcast
- Take in the local farmers market
- Read a book
- Start a gratitude journal
- Set goals with your partner
- Checkout all the FREE stuff at the library
- Have lunch outside – plan a picnic
- Go for a bike ride
- Take surveys
- Learn a new skill
- Teach your kids a new skill
- Play in the garden
- Have a garage sale
- Tackle that to do list
- Plan a date
- Attend a free community festival
- Go fishing if you have the supplies
- Practice yoga
- Have a nap
- Explore a new area of your city
- Start a blog
- Clean the house
- Do your freezer meal plan
- Pay it forward, be kind to others
- Have a cup of coffee and relax
- Star gaze
- People watch
- Cup and conversation
- Organize your stockpile
- Rearrange the house
- Clean out the garage
- Plan your next staycation
- Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a while
- Have tea with a family member
- Think about ways to earn an extra income
- Think about ways to save money
- Have a home spa day
- Cuddle on the couch
- Attend a free class at your local hardware store
- Attend a free class at your local craft store
- Play an instrument
- Attend a church function
- Have a neighborhood potluck dinner
- Go fly a kite
- Collect rocks
- Take photography
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Read to your kids
- Play bubbles
- Visit family and friends
- Set a budget toward financial peace
Have an amazing no spend weekend.
Are you looking to save money? Checkout these money saving resources:
Are you looking to get your finances under control and learn how to budget? You can get our free budgeting printable here. Another great resource for budgeting and learning all the ins and outs of personal finance is The Total Money Makeover. This book changed our personal finances for the better and is a must read.
If you have read my blog before you have heard me talk about MyFreezEasy meal plans and how much I love them. You have also heard me talk about all the time and money meal planning saves me. I use to choose take out or drive thru coffee or dinner at a restaurant after a long hard day. Learning to meal plan effectively helped curb that habit and now we are enjoying yummy homemade meals that our family love.
Is your grocery budget stressing you out? Are you trying to figure out how to feed our family healthy meals while you watch the price of groceries rise? You are not alone.
The Grocery Budget Workshop taught me how to save money at the grocery store. It taught me how to cook efficiently, manage a grocery budget, shop sales and coupon quickly. It also taught me how to save over $700 a month on items our family really didn’t need.
Are you ready to earn money while you shop? Yes, I said earn money while you shop. Have you heard of Ibotta? Earn cash back on everyday purchases. Simple select the items you will be shopping for in your easy handheld app, go shopping, redeem your rebates and earn cash. Simple and easy.