This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
It’s time to save money have fun
Have you ever vowed to have a no spend weekend? What is it? Exactly how it sounds, you spend no money. Well you might spend a bit.
What is a no spend weekend?
A no spend weekend is a budgeting and money saving tactic. You still pay for your groceries and bills if you happen to shop or do banking on that weekend. But the rest of the weekend you vow to save money. This means no eating out and simple, frugal family entertainment.
Related Frugal Activity Posts:
Can you still have fun on a no spend weekend?
Yes! You can have an amazing time during a no spend weekend. Picnics in the park, scavenger hunts, arts and crafts, cup and conversation and so much more. Plus during a no spend weekend you save so much money.
The key step to having a great no spend weekend is planning. Below you will find a list of 75 things to do on a no spend weekend.
family fun activities
No spend weekends are full of great family fun activities. Quality time that memories are built on. Whether you plan a walk around the lake and a picnic in the park. Or camping in the backyard with a BBQ, roasting marshmallows and star gazing. No spend weekends can be full of great family fun activities.
75 Things to do on a no spend weekend:
1. Family movie night
2. Themed dinner party
4. Walk in the park
5. Go to the playground and play
7. Hike the local trails
8. Tour a museum
9. Craft night
10. Scrap booking
11. Play board games
12. Bake cookies
14. Spend time with your kids and play with the toys
15. Play video games
16. Play a sport
17. Go swimming or skating
19. Visit the art gallery
20. Binge watch your favorite show
21. Have a dance party
23. Watch a podcast
24. Take in the local farmers market
25. Read a book
27. Set goals with your partner
28. Checkout all the FREE stuff at the library
29. Have lunch outside – plan a picnic
31. Take surveys
32. Learn a new skill
33. Teach your kids a new skill
35. Have a garage sale
36. Tackle that to do list
38. Attend a free community festival
39. Go fishing if you have the supplies
40. Practice yoga
41. Have a nap
42. Explore a new area of your city
43. Start a blog
44. Clean the house
48. Have a cup of coffee and relax
49. Star gaze
50. People watch
51. Cup and conversation
52. Organize your stockpile
54. Clean out the garage
55. Plan your next staycation
56. Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a while
57. Have tea with a family member
60. Have a home spa day
61. Cuddle on the couch
63. Attend a free class at your local hardware store
64. Attend a free class at your local craft store
66. Attend a church function
67. Have a neighborhood potluck dinner
68. Go fly a kite
69. Collect rocks
70. Take photography
71. Go on a scavenger hunt
73. Play bubbles
74. Visit family and friends
weekend activities for kids
I think the weekend is the best time for kids, hours and hours of fun fill playtime. Scavenger hunts, puzzles, video games, bike riding, chalk drawing and so much more.
best family activities
I think the all time best family activities are anything outdoors. And because our focus is no spend family fun picnics, bike rides, camping, water balloons all come immediately to mind.
A walk in the park, planning and making dinner together, baking are all great family fun activities.
Updated June 16, 2020