This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
So what exactly is frugal living?
Frugal living is simply living well on less. Spending less money than you make and saving for the future.
Making the right choices for your family and not worrying about keeping up with the Joneses.
How does a person start living more frugally?
By making smarter choices with their money. Frugal living isn’t about being cheap and hoarding away your pennies.
Related frugal Posts:
- The Must Have Essentials Of A Frugal Home
- 101 Super Frugal Money Saving Tips
- 7 Things We Stopped Doing To Save Money
- 21 Super Frugal Hacks, Stop Living Paycheck To Paycheck
Frugal living is about choices
- Looking for the brand that is on sale instead of your regular brand to save money.
- Choosing to meal plan and cook from scratch instead of eating out every night.
- Making the right choices for your family.
Below you will find 50 of the best frugal living tips. These tips will help you save money, lower your home expenses and provide you with some breathing room in your budget.
50 Of The Best Frugal Living Tips:
1. Set up a budget – start making your money work for you
2. Use cash envelopes – pay only with cash
3. Stop trying to keep up with the Joneses
4. Make the right choices for your family
6. Bulk buy and shop sales
7. DIY your household cleaners
9. Meal plan – cook from scratch
10. Bring your lunch from home
12. Shop vintage and thrifty stores
13. Preserve the harvest of the season
14. Stop eating out – skip the drive thru
16. Learn to stockpile
17. Skip the paper products
18. Drink more water, less juice and pop
19. Grow your own food
21. Invest in money saving appliances
22. Learn to say “No”
23. Use it, mend it, recycle it
24. Cancel your magazine subscriptions
25. Skip the expensive cell phone apps
26. Turn the lights off when you aren’t using them
27. Install a rain barrel water collection system
28. Invest in draft and home moisture protection
29. Check all appliances, fireplaces and hot water tanks for efficiency
30. Become a one car family
31. Cut the cable
32. Ride your bike or take public transport
33. Shop farm to table
34. Downsize your home
35. Plan a staycation
37. Be prepared for all seasons
38. Purchase items that will last
40. Learn to use hand tools
41. Barter and trade services and produce with neighbors
42. Install low flow toilets and shower heads
43. Do your own painting and redecorating
44. Learn to DIY your own repairs
45. Plan cheap dates
46. Enjoy frugal fun
47. Run your washing machine only when full
49. Buy cheaper cuts of meat or opt for meatless meals
50. Start living well with less
Updated February 9, 2020