This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Some of the greatest ways to save money are the easiest.
Think about it. If you stopped eating out you would save a bunch of money right? If you started using a budget you would probably start saving money too.
Saving money isn’t as complicated as people would like to think. It’s really all about being smart with your money.
Most of the current debt load is from three things.
Credit card debt, mortgage debt and loan debt including student loans.
Debt is daunting and quite stressful at times.
How do you pay off the debt?
You pay off the debt by learning how to be smart with your money.
Be smart with your money:
learn how to save money.
Saving money is as easy as clipping coupons, downloading the Rakuten money saving app, cooking meals at home and cutting the cable.
I could tell you all the ways I save money but it won’t make a difference in your finances unless those are ways you can save money too.
We were eating out way too much. So I purchased a meal plan and started cooking more meals at home.
I also purchased this great oven lunch box so my husband can have warm leftovers for lunch instead of cold sandwiches.
I was also hitting the coffee drive thru a few more times than my budget would allow so I purchased a travel mug and bring coffee from home.
Yes, I still enjoy a latte every now and then but I can make them at home with this amazing milk frother.
10 Of the best ways to save money:
- Quit trying to keep up and just be you (quit buying to impress)
- Pay with cash (set up and envelope system)
- Figure out how hard your money is working.
- Downsize (I know bigger is better – wrong. The right size will save you money.)
- You don’t need to spend money to have fun. (Girls weekend)
- Lock up the thermostat. (Find a balance, grab some blankets or open a window.)
- Learn to save money at the grocery store.
- Do it yourself (DIY gifts, DIY repairs, DIY meal and etc.)
- Education is key
- Communicate your partner and your family about money.
Saving money is about being smart with your money. You worked hard to earn every penny don’t just throw it away. Make it work for you.
Set up a budget. Figure out where you can cut costs. Figure out what works for you and what doesn’t.
The goal is to save money, stress less and make our money work smarter.
Other posts you may like:
Updated November 19, 2019