Are you looking to save money on groceries, eating out or just the regular everyday expenses?
If you chose one or all three you are in the right place. Saving money isn’t complicated or hard you just need to know where to look and what to do. Below you will find 50 of the best ways to save money. Easy, smart things to do that will cut your home expenses and save you money.
I totally understand the need to save money.
In the middle of winter my husband lost his job and no one in our area was hiring. So we spent our savings. Stretched our dollar as far as it would go and we survived. Did we go into debt – yes.
But we found a light, an inspiration that is helping us rebuild our finances. Financial Peace University helped us to communicate our financial goals and fix our money issues.
Debt is daunting. It is stressful and defeating at times. It in reality controls you. Instead of you controlling your money, your debt tells you where your money goes and what you can’t do.
It is time to turn it around and make your money work for you.
If you do only one thing today as a result of reading this article. Click and download this easy to use money worksheet. Fill in all the information. Communicate with your partner. Know where your money is. Understand what money is coming in and what money is going out.
If you are in debt. Face it head on with no fear. Face it head on with knowledge and education. Set goals. You can pay down your debt. You can save money.
50 of the best ways to save money:
- Skip the drive thru and brown bag it
- Learn to meal plan and cook yummy family friendly meals
- Make your own bread, yogurt, baked goods and more
- Drink more water
- Eat more meatless meals
- Learn what foods you can freeze
- Fill your kitchen with food staples like rice and beans
- Use what you have
- Learn to stockpile
- Grocery shop on a budget
- Learn to shop sales and clip coupons
- Make your own household cleaners
- Hang your clothing to dry
- Wash in cold water
- Shop the thrift store
- Learn to repair and mend clothing
- Start using a budget
- Set up an emergency fund
- Pay with cash
- Stop trying to keep up
- Start a loose change jar
- Learn to live well on less
- Skip the paper products
- Invest in cloth napkins
- Learn to say “NO”
- Turn the electronics off and get outside
- Plan a no spend weekend
- Throw a potluck dinner with friends
- DIY your gifts
- Plan a staycation
- Shut off the cable
- Cancel the landline
- Delete all the pay as you go apps
- Learn to live more frugally
- Use it, mend it, recycle it
- Cancel the extras
- Downsize your home
- Communicate about money
- Earn and extra income
- Adjust the thermostat
- Ensure all appliances are running efficiently
- Turn the lights off and unplug
- Educate yourself about money
- Set up a savings account
- Learn how to invest
- Shop online and save
- Bulk buy
- Find a cheaper deal
- Don’t be brand specific
- Small changes make a big impact
If you could change one thing or do one thing that would change your money situation what would you do?
Above I listed off 50 ways to save money. 50 ways you could help change your money situation. Any one of these ideas will make an impact on your saving. Take number one if you skipped the drive thru and the take out for a week how much would you save?
What if you down sized your home? Your mortgage would be cheaper, your utilities would be cheaper and so on.
Small changes can make a big difference when it comes to saving money.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity