Are you struggling with the cost of groceries?
You are not alone! An average family of four spends over $800 a month on groceries and household products a month.
This is a lot of money in the over all picture of things. Now if you add in mortgage or rent payments (which where we live account for 75% of a monthly paycheck), utilities and entertainment your paycheck is getting used up fast.
To make matters worse the cost of food is on the rise. So how do you keep your grocery budget down and still cook amazing, healthy meals for your family?
The answer is relatively simple. You need to change your grocery shopping and meal strategy just a bit.
Don’t stress, below you will find 25 amazing money saving tips to help you cut your grocery budget in half and put more money back into your wallet.
25 Tips To Help You Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half:
- Learn how to grocery shop on a budget.
- DO NOT leave home without your grocery list.
- Learn the secrets of the grocery store.
- DO NOT grocery shop while hungry.
- Learn how to meal plan and grocery shop only for what you need.
- Enroll in multiple store loyalty programs and redeem your rewards to free groceries.
- Don’t be store specific about your grocery shopping. Deals are to be had at all stores.
- Cut coupons, print coupons, load your card with coupons. Coupons can add up to great savings.
- Download the Ibotta money saving app. Simply click, shop and save.
- Shop your local dollar store for grocery savings.
- Shop online. Order pantry staples online through various websites and get them delivered to your door and save.
- Stockpile on your savings. Most items go on sale every 5-6 weeks so stock up while you can.
- Eat less meat based meals. Try going vegetarian once or twice a week.
- Stock up and use rice, beans, pasta and other dried foods for your meals and save.
- Eat more homemade meals and less processed foods.
- Buy frozen vegetables and fruits when fresh produce is too expensive.
- Eat what is on sale, base your meal planning on seasonally cheaper foods.
- Buy cheaper cuts of meat and use your slow cooker or Instant Pot and marinades to make great meals.
- Shop bulk stores for deals. Note, not everything in a bigger quantity is a deal, shop smart.
- Track your spending.
- Shop store brands and generic brands versus name brands.
- Shop your local farmers market.
- Growing a garden can save you amazing amounts of money on produce all year round.
- Buy what is in season and freeze it. Freeze your extras to save money.
- Participate in U-pick or gleaner programs in your area.
Having a plan when you grocery shop is your best money saving tool.
Your best line of defense against the rising cost of groceries is a well thought out plan. And knowledge of how the grocery store likes to make you pay more for less.
If you have the time I would hands down recommend The Grocery Budget Makeover course which is an online course that shows you the money saving secrets of the grocery store.
You can take this course online at your own pace. This is the course that helps save us tons of money monthly on groceries.
- Learn What We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
- 75 Super Frugal Living Tips
Do you use a weekly meal plan?
I have to recommend the MyFreezeEasy Meal Planning program. If you are a busy mom and figuring out what’s for dinner is not your thing. Don’t sweat it.
With MyFreezEasy you stock the freezer with all the meals you enjoy. Pick and choose from the amazing meal plans and recipes. Cook them the day you do your preparation or freeze them for later.
Did you know you can make over 10 meals in one hour?
You can all you need is the right recipes, the grocery shopping lists and the time. Reserve an hour one evening or on the weekend and get the kids involved.
Fill the freezer, save money at the grocery store and save time during the week.
Cut your grocery bill in half.
Above we listed off 25 money saving tips to help you cut your grocery budget. Add in The Grocery Budget Makeover course (and all it’s money saving secrets) and a great meal plan and you could be saving money on your household grocery expenses in no time.
Have a great day,