Valentine’s Day comes around once a year.
And it is marketed as a spend, spend, spend holiday to show your affection. You don’t have to go broke to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
I am going to let you in on a little secret. I ask my husband not to buy me chocolates and flowers on Valentine’s Day. For the simple and frugal reason that where we live they double the price of flowers and chocolates during the weeks leading up to the holiday.
I also think that you should celebrate your love for each other more than once a year. This year my husband and I are being intentional about planning dates at a minimum once a month.
Being intentional about your dates and your Valentine’s Day plans allows you to look forward to time together and ensures that you get couple time.
Valentine’s Day fun.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive. Use your imagination and you can have a fun, frugal, romantic time together.
Below you will find 21 cheap, fun and romantic Valentine’s Day date ideas. Tuck the kids into bed, book a babysitter, reserve some time together and enjoy. I have broken the date ideas up into daytime get out and about activities and stay at home rest and relax ideas. You choose which works best for you.
21 Cheap, Fun and Romantic Valentine’s Day Date Ideas:
Daytime get out and about activities:
1. Pack a picnic and enjoy some time by the lake
2. Go for a walk, a hike or a bike ride
3. Checkout your favorite museum, art gallery or window shop
4. Take a class together or volunteer
5. Bundle up and take the dog for a walk
6. If you have the time and the weather is great go camping
7. Visit your local coffee shop or dessert stop
8. Plan a treasure hunt or visit the location of your first date
9. Take a moonlight stroll on the beach
10. Get out and try something new
11. Have a food truck or cafe meal, relax and enjoy
Stay at home rest and relax ideas:
1. Cook a meal together
2. Cup and conversation on the patio
3. Netflix and chill
4. Homemade chocolate fondue and strawberries
5. Breakfast in bed
6. Board games and beverages
7. Candles, blankets and cuddles
8. Fire pits, hot cocoa and star gazing
9. Bubble baths and bubbly
Make Valentine’s Day interesting.
Drop a sexy note into your husband’s lunch bag or send him a sexy email. Lipstick and love notes. Do something out of the ordinary. Keep the spark alive.
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Robot Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- 75 Amazing Dates That Won’t Break The Budget
- Frugal Living Is The New Sexy
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity