Do you love chocolate?
Do you like peppermint? The two combined are great. Think peppermint mocha’s, peppermint hot chocolate and peppermint chocolates.
chocolate peppermint bark
During the Christmas holidays there is one thing for sure that gets made in our house, chocolate peppermint bark. Only we make it with a bit of a twist, we make it dairy free.
dairy free peppermint bark
Yes, you read that right we make dairy-free peppermint bark and I bet you wouldn’t even be able to tell. You still get chocolate, peppermint flavoring and of course the candy cane bits. It is so yummy.
Are you dairy free?
Are you missing good chocolate? We have found the best dairy free chocolate chip alternative is Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
We use them in cookies, muffins, sweets and treats. They are a great dairy free chocolate alternative. You will find Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in the dairy free peppermint bark recipe below. This recipe is super simple and has only four ingredients.
food Related Posts:
Dairy Free Peppermint Bark recipe
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
Crushed candy cane or crushed peppermint candy for decorating
- Combine Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir to combine, return to microwave and heat for another 45 seconds.
- Mix to combine, add Pure Peppermint Extract and continue to mix.
- Once mixture is combined pour dairy free chocolate mixture onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy cane or peppermint candy over top of chocolate mixture to decorate.
- Place cookie sheet in fridge for one to two hours to set.
- Break apart dairy free peppermint bark into pieces and enjoy.
- Store remaining dairy free peppermint bark in the fridge.
Peppermint bark is a tradition in our house over the holiday season. Who says you can’t enjoy chocolate if you are dairy free? Enjoy dairy free peppermint bark this festive season. Or give the gift of dairy free peppermint bark to those you care about.
Being dairy free doesn’t mean you have to go without. If you are looking for more dairy free chocolate recipes checkout our dairy free chocolate fudge recipe.
is peppermint bark gluten free?
Yes, the dairy free peppermint bark recipe above is both gluten free and dairy free peppermint bark. If you are at all worried double check your ingredients that you use to ensure a dairy free gluten free peppermint bark.
vegan peppermint bark
Vegan peppermint bark would contain no animal products and therefore no dairy products. Double check the crushed candy canes you use for the topping but the chocolate chips and coconut oil listed above are vegan. So the recipe would be a vegan peppermint bark.
Updated August 26, 2020