*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Elf On The Shelf
Elf on the shelf has become this amazing tradition in our house full of excitement and anticipation. If you have never heard about Elf On The Shelf you can find more information here.
It has almost become a count down to Christmas that the whole family enjoys. Some mornings you may find the elf stuck in the fridge after sneaking a late night snack.
Or one morning we interrupted a Star Wars battle involving AT-AT’s and storm troopers against the elf and some other toys. The possibilities of trouble your elf can get into are endless.
The idea behind Elf On The Shelf
Every night while you are fast a sleep your Elf On The Shelf comes alive and sends a message back to Santa whether your family has been nice or naughty.
And all of this will determine whether you will get a present or coal in your stocking.
But it seems….while your Elf On The Shelf is awake and sending messages back to Santa he is getting into a bunch of trouble.
He may get himself caught in the wrapping paper box while trying to help with the presents. Or maybe he fell a sleep with his hand in the cookie jar.
The adventure and antics the elf gets into helps to keep the magic alive.
As the big day approaches you want a nice check mark on Santa’s list to ensure your stocking is full of wonderful gifts and treats.
21 Elf On The Shelf Ideas:
- Maybe your elf decided to hang out in a stocking for a bit of a nap
- Your elf could be found sneaking candy from the advent calendar
- Or maybe you woke up to find your elf hiding in the Christmas tree
- One year we found our elf wrapped in holiday paper and tape
- Maybe your elf took a ride on an electric train set
- Or maybe it found the toilet paper roll and got mummified
- Elf’s like cookies, maybe it got caught in the cookie jar
- One year our elf tried to bake and there was flour and sugar everywhere
- Elf’s and candy canes go hand in hand, they use them for everything
- Now who can resist playing with the other toys while the rest of the house sleeps
- Board games are a great way to pass the time
- As the big day approaches there are lots of sweets and treats in the fridge the elf could be found eating
- Your elf might just unpack your cupboards while you sleep
- Our elf climbed to the top of our cupboards one year and spied on us all day till we found him
- Maybe your elf decides to take your child’s planes or cars for a ride
- I will warn you elf’s like gingerbread so do not be surprised if a few bites are missing from your gingerbread house
- Elf’s are great for making messes of any kind, not that they mean to it just happens
- Maybe your elf got frozen by Elsa or locked in the freezer while trying to have a late night treat
- In a house full of art supplies our elf loves to draw and paint
- Your elf maybe sleepy and you may find him tucked into the pet bed or under a towel in the morning
- The Elf On The Shelf is great at writing letters and leaving you notes
- 21 Stress Free Holiday Hacks
- 10 Gifts For Your Children That Aren’t Toys
- 21 Gifts For Her Under $10
- 21 Gifts For Him Under $10
Have an amazing holiday season,
Saving & Simplicity