This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my full disclosure.
Frugal giving and acts of kindness.
I hope you are having a great day. As I write this a batch of gluten free sugar cookies cools on the counter.
The house smells amazing. Every year and it seems every holiday my son and I bake multiple batches of our favorite cookies.
Once everything is all said and done, iced and etc we give the cookies away as gifts. We bring a bunch to group activities and we may eat a few.
It took forever to find the perfect gluten free, dairy free sugar cookie recipe. You can find our favorite recipe below.
Frugal gift giving.
You don’t have to break the bank to give something nice over the holidays or at any other time of year.
A simple card, or photo, or box of cookies or chocolates are great gifts to give.
Or are you creative? Do you make great paintings or crafts or DIY creations?
If you do these make great gifts for giving?
Giving isn’t based on the dollar figure.
For years I thought I needed to match the dollar figure that others were giving.
That didn’t get me anywhere except stressed in trying to keep up. But I did learn…
I learned that a gift from the heart. A gift that the receiver truly wanted was more important.
A gift of a great meal, or a box of homemade chocolates, or an original art creation make great gifts.
The true gift of giving.
The true gift of kindness and giving is random acts that make another smile and know they are valued.
Have you held a door open today or thanked another for something nice?
It is the small things in life that are important. Not the dollar figure on the gift.
Enjoy the company over the holidays.
In the spirit of giving invite people over. Forget the gifts and enjoy each other’s company.
Catch up, converse, make plans. Host a potluck. Have an appetizer party.
Celebrate togetherness. Family and friends.
No matter what holiday you are celebrating. Celebrate it within your means.
Give simple, gifts from the heart. DIY your gifts. Enjoy the company and conversation.
Giving shouldn’t be about money. It should be about the smile and the thoughtfulness and the showing of love.
The best gifts come in small packages.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup dairy free spread (We use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free flour (We use this brand)
- We use our Kitchenaid Mixer for all the mixing
- Cream dairy free spread, coconut oil and sugar together
- Add applesauce and vanilla, mix till smooth
- Add flour and mix till dough forms ball
- Remove dough and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Roll out cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper to desired thickness
- Use cookie cutters to create desired shapes
- Or you could skip the rolling of the dough and create cookie balls
- If you do cookie balls flatten them with a jar end or your hand to create the perfect cookie disc shape
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown around the bottom edges
- Let them cool and ice with your favorite icing mixture.
Other great posts you may like:
- 10 Christmas Gifts That Aren’t Toys
- 101 Super Frugal Living Tips
- 10 Frugal Ways To Save Money This Christmas
- Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity