*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
How do thrifty people save money on their household expenses?
They live frugally. Living well on less and find happiness in the simple things in life.
Thrifty people know a thing or two about saving money. They pass on the extras and live below their means.
So what exactly does “living well on less” mean?
It means spending less than you make and saving the rest. Being happy with what you have and not trying to “keep up”.
It means being smart with your money and living a more frugal lifestyle.
25 Frugal Living Lessons From Thrifty People:
- Save up and pay with cash
- Make your money work for you
- Be content and enjoy the simple life
- Learn to meal plan
- Stop trying to “keep up”
- Plan a no spend weekend
- Unplug & turn it off
- Lock up the thermostat
- Do It Yourself
- Freeze these items to save money
- Skip the drive thru for some traditional home cooking
- Work hard and apply your skills
- Have an emergency fund
- Stop buying these things
- Use a budget
- Learn how to cut your grocery budget in half
- Stop living house poor
- Try these frugal living skills
- Save money for a rainy day
- Shop smart & earn money
- Bulk buy and shop sales
- Get organized
- Grow your own food
- Use it, mend it, recycle it
- Start with baby steps
I am sure that you have a frugal living lesson or two that helps you save money. Maybe you brown bag it for lunch.
Or maybe you wash all your laundry in cold water and hang it to dry. Or maybe you DIY all your gifts and cleaning supplies.
Whatever you do to save money keep doing it. Saving money and planning for your future is important.
Other posts you may like:
- 50 Of The Best Frugal Living Tips
- 7 Things We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- 15 Ways To Save Money When You Are Broke
- Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Home
Updated November 16, 2019