50 Frugal Living Tips For Beginners (Save A Ton Of Money)
Frugal Living For Beginners
If you are looking for a super simple way to save a ton of money without clipping coupons or counting your pennies frugal living is your best choice. Discover just how easy it is to save money, cut costs, learn how to budget and live below your means with 50 amazing frugal living tips for beginners.
What Is Frugal Living
We all need to start some where. Frugal living is super simple changes you make to your everyday activities that help you save a ton of money in the long run.
How To Live Frugally
If you are looking to live more frugally you might start by meal planning, budgeting, or turning off all the lights you aren’t using. These are all simple things that add up to huge savings.
Frugal With Money
Being frugal with your money is based on making smart money choices. It’s not about buying the cheapest thing out there. It’s about buying the right item for the job and making sure your saving money doing it.
People who are frugal with their money make sure that all their bills are paid. Their debt snow ball is lowering and their savings account is growing. You can do all of this even on a super tight budget.
Frugal Living Ideas
Simple frugal tips that can help you meet your money goals might include using a budget, meal planning, bringing your own lunch and coffee to work, DIYing your home decor and so much more.
How To Be Frugal
Being frugal is about making the choice to go without or to go with an alternative so you can have other things. Those other things are no debt, a growing savings account, a paid off mortgage, a cash flowed family vacation.
Frugal Ways To Save Money
Frugality can help you save money. The idea behind frugal living is living below your means. If you live frugally you will save money. Some common examples of how to frugally save money are meal planning, cancelling the cable and freezing fruits and vegetables in season.
50 Frugal Living Tips For Beginners
- Use cash envelopes
- Meal plan
- Brown bag your lunch
- Bring your own coffee
- Stop buying water in a plastic bottle – refill instead
- Cook homemade meals
- Keep a stocked pantry
- Invest in a good slow cooker
- Try meatless meals
- Learn what foods you can freeze
- Stop buying precut and washed produce
- Grow your own food
- Create a grocery budget
- Shop generic goods
- Don’t be brand specific
- Switch to cloth napkins
- Ditch the single use items
- Make your own soaps
- Find a happy medium on the thermostat
- Run your washer and dryer only when full
- Wash your laundry in cold water
- Hang your laundry to dry
- Turn out the lights when you aren’t using them
- Unplug unnecessary appliances
- Cut the cable
- Cancel the landline telephone
- Save your coins in a jar
- Shop sales
- Shop thrift
- Shop local
- Use coupons
- Do your own repairs
- Sell stuff you don’t use
- Learn to DIY
- Make your own cleaning solutions with baking soda, water and vinegar
- Use it, mend it, re-purpose it, recycle it
- Work out at home
- Keep emergency cash on hand
- Be prepared for all seasons
- Plan a no spend weekend
- Plan cheap dates
- Take in free community events and entertainment
- Walk or take public transport
- Downsize your house or vehicle
- Plan a staycation
- Talk to your bank about cheaper rates
- Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses
- Be happy with what you have
- Make smart money choices
How To Live Frugally And Save Money
We have listed off 50 frugal ways to save money. You don’t have to do all fifty. I actually suggest you start with five. Get into the habit of doing those five frugal tips. See how they affect your budget and savings. Once you get more comfortable add a few more frugal ideas into the mix. If you aren’t sure where to start. Start with something easy like bringing your lunch and coffee to work everyday or look for ways to save on your 3pm coffee run.
Setting up a budget. Learning how to live within a budget is all part of frugal finances. Living frugally will help you pay down your debt, save money and get ahead. Get your free printable budget binder today.
Extreme Frugal Living
If you are looking to tackle your debt and save money faster extreme frugal living may be of interest to you. These are people who take frugal living one step further and in turn save more money.
Related Frugal Living Tips:
- The Best Frugal Living Tips
- Secret Must Haves Of A Frugal Living Home
- Frugal Living Surviving On One Income