Saving Money On Groceries
Have you seen the price of groceries lately? Yesterday I did a regular shop of our weekly goods. Milk, pantry basics, meat and etc. I noticed an increase in costs cross the board.
How To Save Money On Groceries?
If you are looking to save money on groceries. Shopping sales, using coupons and meal planning are great places to start.
Shopping Grocery Sales
Each week stores put out their sales flyers and these work on rotation. Take note of your favorite sales because they should pop up ever few weeks. Stock up and freeze the extras to save money. Discover all the things you can freeze.
Using store coupons, brand coupons and money saving apps like Rakuten are great ways to save money on groceries and household supplies.
This hands down is my favorite way to save money. Plus with a meal plan I know what’s for dinner. Learn more about meal planning and how it can save you money.
Related Meal Recipe Posts:
Below you will find 15 great frugal tips that will help you save money on groceries. The key is to shop smart. Stock up on sales items. Shop sales, use coupons, don’t be brand or store specific. Make a few meatless meals.
15 Frugal Ways To Save Money On Groceries:
- Cook cheaper basic, 5 ingredient meals
- Opt for vegetarian meals
- Use an easy to follow meal plan
- Purchase seasonal produce
- Skip the sliced and diced, pre-packaged produce
- Buy cheaper cuts of meat and cook meals in a slow cooker
- Harvest the season and stockpile
- Shop discount retailers
- Earn money while you shop with Rakuten
- Shop the sales flyer, clip coupons
- Bulk buy and shop case lot sales
- Learn what you can freeze to save money
- Skip the non-essentials
- Grow your own food
- Invest in great appliances
Frugal Ways To Save Money On Groceries
Home cooking and home baking are great ways to cut down on grocery costs. Investing in great appliances and a good meal plan or a great recipe book can help as well.
Saving Money On Food
Growing your own food. Shopping farmers markets. Preserving seasonal produce, home cooking and baking are great ways to decrease your grocery costs. Discover how we decreased both our grocery and household budget to save almost $1000 a month.
Related Money Saving Grocery:
- 101 Super Frugal Living Tips
- 10 Ways To Lower Your Grocery Budget
- 21 Things We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- 75 Items You Can Freeze To Save Money
Updated May 4, 2021