*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
You will never cook bacon the same way again.
Do you cook bacon in a pan on the stove top or do you microwave bacon on a tray? Trust me you need to stop cooking bacon this way. I have the best money saving, time saving, mess saving way to cook bacon. You will never cook bacon the same way again.
Simple easy, less mess, time saving directions to cooking bacon in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees
- Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet (no foil, no wax paper – just bacon)
- Place baking sheet on the center oven rack
- Check bacon occasionally and drain excess fat and return to oven
- Cooking time will vary depending on bacon and whether you prefer crispy to very crispy bacon
- Approximate total cook time will be 25-30 minutes
The tips and tricks to cooking bacon in the oven:
- Cook the whole package of bacon – everything is better with bacon
- Use a rimmed baking sheet not a flat baking sheet
- Increase the oven temperature if the bacon contains more fat or sugar flavoring
- Drain the fat off approximately every ten minutes
- Flip the bacon half way through the cooking process
- Place cooked bacon on paper towels once cooked to absorb remaining fat
- Clean baking sheet right away with soap and water
Benefits to cooking bacon in the oven versus in the frying pan or microwave:
- No more bacon fat splatter
- Less mess, less clean up
- You can cook more all at once – everything is better with bacon
- You can set it and forget it till you need to drain the fat
- You now have more stove space to cook the eggs, hashbrowns and other breakfast items
- Easy clean up, ensure you clean the baking sheet while still warm
- Bulk cooking is an amazing time saver. Think of all the meals you can make with bacon
You now have bacon for everyone and everything. Bacon for burgers, pastas, salads and more. Everything is better with bacon.
I will never forget the look on a friends face when I asked why they were cooking bacon on the stove and not in the oven. Once I showed them how to cook the whole package of bacon in the oven and not piece by piece on the stove they were amazed. Trust me you will never go back to stove top or microwave cooking of bacon again. The best way to cook bacon is in the oven.
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity