*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking to remodel your bathroom?
Are the cupboards in need of a face lift? Do the walls need a new coat of paint? Are your towels looking a bit rough around the edges? Bathroom remodels can range from simple esthetic fixes to tub and tile replacements.
Before you start your renovation or remodel project make sure you have a budget and a plan in mind. Checkout your local stores, watch a few home remodel shows to get an idea on what you want your final product to look like. Also make sure you have funds set aside for possible issues or complications during the remodel.
Remodels can get expensive and time consuming.
Listed below are ten great ways to help you save money on your bathroom remodel and still end up with excellent results. You may just need a coat of paint or new towels.
10 Frugal Ways To Save On Your Bathroom Remodel:
- A fresh coat of paint can go along way
- Stick to simple design changes
- Do most of the work yourself
- Purchase supplies during store sales
- Try to buy items at thrift stores or at Habitat for Humanity Stores
- If you don’t know learn. Take a free Home Depot or Lowe’s class and learn the how to’s
- Research cheap alternatives, like faux tiles or tub covers
- Exchange services with friends in order to cut labor costs
- Look at Freecycle and Craigslist in your area for discount items
- Watch home renovation shows for how to’s and ideas
Other ideas to help you save money during your remodel are to paint the walls and cabinets a new color instead of replacing cabinet fixtures. Replace your towels, shower curtain and add some art before you tear out fixtures. Your bathroom may just need a few easy fixes instead of a whole over haul.
You know your project and you have an idea of what you want for the outcome. Set a budget, shop around and plan.
Have an amazing day.