*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Everyone’s definition of success is different.
However, we all want the same two things to stress less and save money! So what if you could do a few things at the beginning of the week to ensure success?
Or if it works out better for you, you could set your week up for success in the middle of the week.
So what exactly am I talking about.
I am talking about organizing your week, preparing yourself for success. Preparing your week to save money, even on the little things.
To get things organized so you aren’t packing lunches at the last minute. Or washing the uniforms an hour before practice.
The key is to plan and organize your week so that you as, Mom gets a few seconds to herself. So that dinner is on the table when it needs to be.
I am going to give you the seven activites that we use in our house to ensure a frugal, successful, money saving week.
Setting yourself up for success.
Pick your days, schedule grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry, house cleaning all on days and in time slots that give you enough time so you aren’t rushed.
I have noticed that if I am rushed at the grocery store I spend more money because I forget things and need to make more than one trip a week or every two weeks.
So here is a run down of part of my schedule.
Either on Saturday mornings or Wednesday afternoons the grocery shopping happens.
I allot the time in accordance to my schedule and the store sales and the expiry dates on the items in my fridge. Friday night I clean the house.
Yes, I know I could be doing way more interesting things on a Friday night but my husband usually works late on Friday or real early on Saturday.
Sunday is my preparation day. My husband makes his signature breakfast on Sunday so it gives me extra time to prepare for the week.
I plan my meals, write them on the calendar and verify we have the ingredients. I usually bake 2 dozen muffins depending on the stock in the freezer.
I also do the laundry and make sure all the right stuff is washed for the next few days worth of activities.
All of this Sunday preparation stuff gets done before noon so I can spend the rest of the day with my family.
What is important?
To me spending time with my family. My husband works long hours so ensuring opportunities for all of us to spend time together is important.
Having my meal plan laid out for the week, ensures that dinner is on the table in 30 minutes and everyone is satisfied.
Making sure I have groceries, milk and toilet paper. I hate making more than one trip a week to the grocery store.
Bedtime reading with our son is important. We truly value story time. Twenty minutes of yoga everyday or every second day for me is important.
My time is valuable so is yours, set yourself up for success.
7 activities to set yourself up for a successful frugal week:
- Meal plan and write it down on the calendar. No more defrosting, rummaging through the fridge or ordering pizza at the last minute. Choose a meal plan that work for your family.
- Set a day and time to grocery shop. Bring your list, cash envelope and sales flyer. And don’t leave home without Ibotta.
- Get the family working together. Give everyone a job to ensure that everyone’s week is successful.
- Set aside some time to bake muffins or breakfast foods for the week. This ensures a full tummy on rushed and busy mornings and saving money by skipping the drive thru.
- Through a load of laundry in when you get up and when you go to bed. Set aside time to do the laundry so that everyone has what they need.
- Opt out of cooking one meal so you can get things done. Have your kids or spouse cook a meal or go with finger foods.
- Spend time doing things you value. When you strengthen your soul and your relationships you are truly setting yourself up for success.
Other frugal living posts that will help set you up for success:
- 21 Things We Stopped Buying To Save Money
- 75 Items You Can Freeze To Save Money
- Frugal Ways To Stretch Your Grocery Budget
- 75 Clutter Free Solutions
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity