*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post may contain affiliate links.
A clean home is great for the mind, the person and the wallet.
A clean and organized home is when everything is in its place. You know where to find what you are looking for. No more “I think I have one of those” or “no I don’t have one of those so I need to buy one” mean while you have three buried in the kitchen cabinet.
10 Tips to cleaning and organizing your home:
- Start with the junk drawer. Empty it out, keep the items you still use and recycle or donate the items you don’t.
- Make a plan to put things back where they belong. Organization starts with getting the household members to put things back where they belong.
- Clear the kitchen counter of clutter. Clean kitchen counters promote organization. Place items back in the correct cupboards or drawers. Grouping same items together.
- Get rid of unused items. Room by room, drawer by drawer, closet by closet downsize your stuff to the items you use. Donate or recycle the items you don’t keep.
- Upgrade your cleaning materials. Ensure you have a good broom, vacuum, mop, green cleaning solutions and cleaning rags. A clean home is an organized home.
- Ensure you have proper storage in each room. Take count of the items you are keeping and make sure you have shelves, drawers, baskets and bins to store them in.
- Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no”. When clearing the clutter or when shopping make logical decisions about whether you really need “the stuff”.
- Swap kitchen storage containers to jars or see thru containers. When you can see what you have less food items will go to waste.
- Combine items. Do you have two or three of the same item open, combine them to organize and save on storage space.
- Recycle, re-purpose and donate. Donate your unwanted items to your local thrift store or have a yard sale.
Did you know that a clean and organized home can be a money making machine?
Yes, you can make money from cleaning and organizing. You could take on side jobs cleaning and organizing your neighbors homes. A Professional Organizer is a job, a sought after job actually. People just don’t know how to organize or they just don’t have time. You can turn this lack of organization in to a money maker.
Other ways to make money while cleaning and organizing your home.
Do you have stuff you don’t use? Do you have items that others want? While you are cleaning and organizing your home start collecting items you can sell. Yes, you can sell your old stuff!
You can sell your used goods on Craigslist, ebay, Amazon or locally at garage sales and flea markets. It’s a win win you get a clean and organized home, you get to get rid of unwanted stuff and you get to make extra money.
Good luck with your cleaning and organizing. Enjoy the benefits.
Follow us on Pinterest
Have an amazing day.
Saving & Simplicity