Saving Money While Eating Out
Enjoying a meal out with friends or an evening out with family can be great. But sometimes it can get expensive. Learn some super simple tricks to help you save money while dining out. 21 money saving hacks for eating out that equal cheap meals and cheap drinks.
How To Save Money While Eating Out
Saving money will you dine out can be as simple as skipping the appetizer round and ordering water instead of drinks.
Saving Money At Restaurants
Some restaurants offer early bird specials and happy hour. During an early bird special or “if you dine before a certain time” you get certain meals for a cheaper price. Generally you are saving between three to five dollars per meal. This is a great time to save money on family dining.
Happy hour is usually between 4-6pm or 7-9pm depending on the restaurant or bar. During this time certain drinks and appetizers are cheaper. This is a great time to save money on drinks and food while out with friends.
Simple Tricks For Save Money While Dining Out
- Order water instead of pop or a cocktail
- Order a few appetizers and split them instead of a main meal
- Take advantage of happy hour and early bird specials
- Order off the evenings specials
- Order one meal and share it
Saving Money On Fast Food
Fast food applies to anything quick including pizza, burgers and take out of any kind. The easiest way to save money on fast food is to order off the value or deal menu. Use coupons, skip the extras and take advantage of free refills.
How To Stop Eating Out To Save Money
Eating out or dining out has become the norm with busy schedules and the popularity of food delivery companies. Which is all fine and good but it can get expensive. You can decrease how much you eat out by meal planning, cooking at home, preparing lunches and snacks for work and school. And ensuring you have ingredients and meals you want to cook and eat at home.
Eating At Home To Save Money
Cooking a homemade meal from scratch is about to get way easier. Here are several months work of amazing recipes you can add to your meal plan and help you save money.
- 35 Easy To Make Dinner Recipes In 30 Minutes Or Less
- 35+ Super Easy Beginner Instant Pot Recipes
- 35 Cheap & Easy Fall Crockpot Recipes
- 35+ Cheap & Easy Casserole Recipes
Eating Out Cheap
If eating out a few nights or days a week works with your schedule great. If you are looking to save money while eating out choose a fast food restaurant or a family style restaurant. One is cheaper and the other you will get more options, larger meals you can share and possible free starter salads and desserts.
Restaurants make their money on drinks, high priced meals and volume. Skip the cocktails and you save money. Dine just before meal time to get early bird cheaper meals. Go for basic delicious meals, skipping the high priced “steaks” to save money. Order a few different dishes to share family style. Simply ask for extra plates.
21 Money Saving Hacks For Eating Out
- Skip the cocktails and order water
- Eat out during happy hour
- Order the specials
- Use coupons
- Order appetizers and skip the main course
- Order a few different dishes and share them family style
- Order vegetarian meals
- Order one dessert, get two spoons and share it
- Take advantage of customer loyalty and rewards programs
- Skip the fancy dining and eat some where family friendly
- Choose a restaurant that offers free bread, salad or soup and desserts
- Order off the kids or lighter meal menu
- Bring your own wine if your allowed.
- Get your meal to go and enjoy it at home or on a picnic.
- Try the food court. Lots of options equals cheaper prices.
- Avoid weekend dining. The restaurants are busy and specials are more expensive.
- Eat at a family style restaurant. More options, larger portions, food sharing and freebies.
- Research deal days at your favorite places to eat
- Enjoy kids eat free benefits at some restaurants
- Use up your gift cards and loyalty freebies
- Skip the dessert and after dinner drinks
Cheap Meal Hacks
Skip the meal out and enjoy some home cooking. Or if you want to dine out and save money. Enjoy a cheap meal by ordering off the deal or early bird menu. Use coupons and meal sharing. Save your leftovers for lunch tomorrow. And go family style, order a few different dishes to share and enjoy.
Cheap Drink Hacks
The easiest way to save money on drinks is to skip them and order water. Or you can order the drink specials. Bring your own bottle of wine. Enjoy happy hour or share a drink pitcher with the table. Loyalty cards also work great on getting you drink specials and discounts.
Cheap Family Meals
I’ve mentioned family style and family friendly restaurants both of which are great ways to save money while dining out. Family style is when you order a few different dishes to share. A common example is Chinese food. Family style restaurants are places geared towards families with larger portions, free soup or salad starters, kids menus and free desserts. You can have a great family meal out at places like this for cheaper than take out pizza. Take advantage of the discounts and options available to you.
Related Money Saving Hacks:
- 7 Money Saving Starbucks Hacks
- 21 Super Frugal Hacks, Stop Living Paycheck To Paycheck
- The Best Dave Ramsey Money Hacks
- 21 Stress Free Holiday Hacks