*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
This post may contain affiliate links.
Today, you will learn how to easily create your own blog. I have included a discounted price that Bluehost has made available to my readers.
You will receive a FREE domain name too. Act quickly because I am not sure how long these low prices will be available for and who can pass up a FREE domain name. Some companies are charging $20 or more for just your domain name, here you are getting it for FREE. Along with your domain name Bluehost is offering select site builder technology for FREE and believe me this is a huge help. I am not technically minded and found the FREE site builder a huge help.
On Bluehost you will be able to create a self-hosted WordPress blog which is what you want if you are looking to create a money making blog. Self-hosting is the way to go and there are so many different options available to those using WordPress. If you are looking to make money blogging advertisers and companies tend to look more favorably on those using a self-hosted WordPress blog than those blogging with other platforms.
Click here to start a blog on WordPress, then use the tutorial below for easy directions.
Starting your own blog for cheap.
Today we will go through step by step how to create your very own blog and it is so easy anyone can do it! Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies and you can start your very own blog with them for $3.95 per month (this low price is available only through my link). Also when you sign up through this link you will receive a FREE domain name and FREE select site builder technology. Your FREE domain name and site builder technology are available to you when you sign up for at least 12 months of hosting through Bluehost which is an amazing deal. Bluehost offers 24/7 support and they are there to help you build your blog. This amazing deal is affordable and they offer a refund policy if this opportunity isn’t something you want to pursue.
First, you will want to head over to Bluehost if you want to know how to start a blog.
If you are wondering why choose Bluehost, when there are many web hosting companies out there to choose from. Bluehost is one of the best to choose for hosting and creating your blog for many reasons. These reasons include:
- It is super easy to use. I have no coding or technology background and I find Bluehost so easy to use during the blog creation process and after.
- Bluehost offers amazing 24/7 technical support.
- Bluehost is extremely affordable at $3.95 per month
- You receive a FREE domain name with your purchase.
- You are self-hosted and can monetize your blog and create and income for yourself.
- With Bluehost you will appear more professional to your readers, future clients and advertisers.
If you are planning to start your own blog on Bluehost and you are interested in learning how to start a blog using WordPress please continue below.
Once you open the Bluehost screen hit the green “get started now button”.
Step 1: Register Your Domain
When you register with Bluehost you get a FREE domain name as long as you register for 12 months of hosting. This makes it well worth signing up with Bluehost as you save a larger amount of money with these FREE features.
Step 2: Choosing Your Hosting Plan
Next you will need to choose your plan from Bluehost the basic is most likely all you will need depending on your blogging requirements. Select it and continue.
Setting up a blog on Bluehost is very easy. To receive the cheapest price to start your blog, choose the basic at $3.95 per month. It is $3.95 per month through my link (due upfront) if you sign up for 36 months. The price increases nominally the shorter your hosting time. If you are unsure about blogging sign up for the 12 month plan this way you still receive the FREE domain name.
The other fees you may pay are the $0.99 per month Domain Privacy Protection fee with keeps your information private and safe. Choose the site back up, search engine jump start and site lock only if you require these items they are not necessary.
Step 3: Setting Up Your Blog With Bluehost
You will need to enter in all your personal information name, mailing address and etc. You will be required to re-select your hosting plan and I want to reiterate choose a minimum 12 month plan is the wisest choice as you get your domain name for FREE. Do not choose to go month to month, if you miss your renewal day by just a day all your information is lost. I suggest signing up for the 12 months and start creating your blog. You can also apply for a refund at anytime, so I highly recommend signing up for the 12 months as it is the most economical.
Here are the steps again to signing up for your new blog with Bluehost
- Go to Bluehost and click the get started now button.
- Click on the hosting package you wish to choose.
- Enter your domain name choice.
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will be asked to create a password. Make sure it is secure and something you will remember.
Step 4: Setting Up WordPress
WordPress is the best choice for bloggers as it is self hosted and your options are limitless. If you choose to monetize your blog, seek out clients and advertisers WordPress is the way to go. Customizing your blog and learning WordPress will take some time but it is well worth the investment in your future.
- Log back into your Bluehost account if you are not logged in already.
- Head over to your cpanel and find WordPress and click.
- Install the blogging platform you want to use such as WordPress and follow the steps, which are pretty easy.
- Throughout this process and your blog setup process you will receive emails from Bluehost with all your required information set these aside and save them.
Step 5: Design And Start Blogging
This will be the most time consuming part of your blog set up process. Don’t worry if you set it up and don’t like it you can always come back and tweak it later.
There are so many different themes to choose from! Ranging in style and price. There are also a wide array of extras and plugins as well.
Will you choose to design your own blog or hire someone to upload and design it for you? I choose to pay my blog designer to upload and design it for me. Once it was uploaded I changed the colours and menus and tweaked the overall presentation to make it unique to me.
Genesis themes appear to be the most popular themes, or there are free themes through WordPress.
Once you are in WordPress and it is finished loading click on themes, choose the one you think will work best for the style of blog you wish to write. Start designing your website.
Here are some general WordPress tips for navigating around:
- You can create new posts by clicking on the “Posts” on the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard.
- You can create pages (like your contact or about me page) by clicking on the “Pages” on the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard.
- If you are looking to add pictures you will need to add pictures to your media file which is again located on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
I suggest adding the following Plugins to your blog which you can do by clicking Plugins and Add New:
- Yoast SEO which will help with Search Engine Optimization.
- XML Sitemap & Google News feeds which will help with Google SEO.
- Akismet which will protect you from spam.
- CommentLuv if you are intending on having others comment on your posts.
- Google Adsense if you intend to monetize your blog.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP, this will allow you to view your stats.
- SumoMe which will help you grow your email list.
These are just a few of the plugins that I use, there are also plugins for Pinterest, Facebook and much, much more.
The initial set up of your blog will be quick and easy. Once you are ready to design your blog and start posting you can let your creativity run wild. Your blog can be as simple or as complicated as you desire. Set your blog up with your audience in mind. Be real, be honest, let your voice shine through.
If you are looking to further invest in your blog and your blogging future invest in blogging education!
I can not recommend the following classes and e-books enough they have inspired me, educated me and help take my blog to the next level.
- Building A Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook by Abby Lawson is an e-book you can order and download at anytime.
- Elite Blogging Academy by Ruth Soukop is only open once a year and it is worth its wait in blogger gold. If you are serious about blogging invest in this course. Click the link and sign up for the waiting list today. Only a limited amount of students get in each year.
I wish you the best of blogging success!
Have an amazing day and happy blogging!