*This post may contain affiliate links to products we recommend and happily use.*
Are you struggling to save money on groceries or regular everyday expenses?
You are not alone.
Saving money isn’t complicated or hard you just need to know where to look and what to do. Below you will find 50 of the best ways to save money.
Easy, smart things to do that will cut your home expenses and save you money.
I totally understand the need to save money.
In the middle of winter a few years ago my husband lost his job and no one in our area was hiring. So we spent our savings. Stretched our dollar as far as it would go and we survived.
We went into debt trying to manage it all. But we found a light in all the mess. Financial Peace University helped us to communicate our financial goals and fix our money issues.
Debt is daunting. It’s stressful and defeating at times.
Help with your money issues.
If you do only one thing today as a result of reading this article. Click and download these free money saving & planning worksheets.
Fill in all the information. Communicate with your partner. Know where your money is, understand what money is coming in and what money is going out.
If you are in debt. Face it head on with no fear. Set goals. Pay down the debt and save money.
50 of the best ways to save money:
- Skip the drive thru and brown bag it
- Learn to meal plan and cook yummy family friendly meals
- Make your own bread, yogurt, baked goods and more
- Drink more water
- Try more meatless meals
- Learn what foods you can freeze
- Fill your kitchen with food staples like rice and beans
- Use what you have
- Learn to stockpile
- Grocery shop on a budget
- Learn to shop sales and clip coupons
- Make your own household cleaners
- Hang your clothing to dry
- Wash in cold water
- Shop the thrift store
- Learn to repair and mend clothing
- Skip the paper products
- Invest in cloth napkins
- Start using a budget
- Set up an emergency fund
- Pay with cash
- Stop trying to keep up
- Start a loose change jar
- Learn to live well on less
- Learn to say “NO”
- Turn the electronics off and get outside
- Plan a no spend weekend
- Throw a potluck dinner with friends
- DIY your gifts
- Plan a staycation
- Shut off the cable
- Cancel the landline
- Delete all the pay as you go apps
- Learn to live more frugally
- Use it, mend it, recycle it
- Cancel the extras
- Downsize your home
- Communicate about money
- Earn and extra income
- Adjust the thermostat
- Ensure all appliances are running efficiently
- Turn the lights off and unplug
- Educate yourself about money
- Set up a savings account
- Learn how to invest
- Shop online and save
- Bulk buy
- Find a cheaper deal
- Don’t be brand specific
- Small changes make a big impact
If you could change one thing to save more money?
What would it be? The one thing that helped us save the biggest amount of money was taking an honest look at where we were spending our money and stop buying everything we didn’t need.
You can checkout all the stuff we stopped buying here. I was amazed at all the money we saved.
But what would you change? Would you stop ordering takeout? Or would you downsize your home? What money saving solution works best for you?
Have an amazing day,
Saving & Simplicity
Updated August 30, 2018