What Would You Give Up To Save Money?
Would you give up your morning latté? Or what about your weekend entertainment? What would you do to make it all work?
What is your big money goal? Are you saving up to buy a new home? Are you saving money so your kids can go to college?
Are you trying to save money to make it all work. To get dinner on the table and put groceries in the fridge. To pay the mortgage and the phone bill on time?
Giving It Up To Save Money
We gave up a lot of “stuff” to make our budget work and it took some time to figure it all out. You can read about all the stuff we gave up to save tons of money each month.
Start by assessing where you are spending money. Is there something you can go without to save more cash? Could you cook more home cooked meals to save money? Could you buy generic or go meatless to save money? What could you decrease, alter or go without to save money?
Are You Living House Poor?
Are you working to pay for a house that is too big or too expensive to enjoy? Can you sell it and downsize?
Selling big ticket items are the best way to start saving money and to pay down debt. I know you love the house it was a great investment. And the boat is a great activity for the whole family.
But they aren’t great investments if you can’t afford to keep them up.
Can you sell them? Of course you can! Cut back, sell the “stuff” you don’t need and save the money.
10 Things You Can Give Up To Save Money
1. Dinner out. Opt for a home cooked meal.
2. Cafe coffee. Bring your own coffee from home or learn one of our Starbucks money saving hacks.
3. Expensive date nights. Plan a cheap date night instead.
4. Busy and expensive family weekends. Schedule a fun no spend family weekend.
5. Name brand anything. Shop around for the best deal or go generic.
6. Premade store bought meals. Invest in you and cook something amazing for dinner the easy way. 35+ cheap and easy slow cooker recipes.
7. Bottled water. Water is great for your body but store bought bottle water is expensive on your wallet. Get a reusable stainless steel water bottle and refill it as needed.
8. Cable television. Your entertainment options today are amazing and cheap. Cut the cable and stream amazing new shows.
9. Hot water. Wash your laundry in cold water and save a bundle of cash each month. Checkout these other laundry hacks.
10. Give up the need to keep up, impress and compete. Be happy with what you have. What you can afford. Where you are and where you are going.
Related Money Saving Posts:
Updated May 16, 2021